Snipers fine or under-powered in PvP - Could both sides be right?

QisaBluevixen

I think a lot of it just comes down to the targets you pick...I disagree with folks who say Lethality sucks. I am full Lethality with Weakening Blast. I just came out of a pug Civil War where I did 438k damage with 37 kills (20 direct killing blows). I think right now Lethality is top of the heap cause of the deflection others talked about.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where snipers are of more limited usefulness, is Huttball. The need to constantly move with the ball places us at a disdvantage,

Personally, I don't want people on my huttball team who are worried about keeping the ball. Learn to pass if you feel you can't carry the ball. You'll be a better player for it

I think a lot of it just comes down to the targets you pick...I disagree with folks who say Lethality sucks. I am full Lethality with Weakening Blast. I just came out of a pug Civil War where I did 438k damage with 37 kills (20 direct killing blows). I think right now Lethality is top of the heap cause of the deflection others talked about.

With 114% tech accuracy and 104% ranged accuracy I do not get deflected. You get killing blows because you have a dot on someone when they get killed, doesnt neccessary mean that your dot killed them or that it even did majority of the damage. Next time look at Solo Kills and tell us that number.

Also, 438/37 = 11.8 which given that every lvl 50 basically starts at 12.5 min mean that you had help on average for every kill.

Finally people are not saying Lethality is worse because of damage output. Rather because of damage on demand. Sometimes you just don't have the time to wait for dots to tick as in Huttball. Snipers get a bit extra damage from InstaSnipe and Followthru as well as about 30% extra damage on Followthru and Takedown as well as 20% armor penetration on Ambush.

And my biggest problem with Lethality is that I did not roll a sniper to not play one...

With 114% tech accuracy and 104% ranged accuracy I do not get deflected. You get killing blows because you have a dot on someone when they get killed, doesnt neccessary mean that your dot killed them or that it even did majority of the damage. Next time look at Solo Kills and tell us that number.

Also, 438/37 = 11.8 which given that every lvl 50 basically starts at 12.5 min mean that you had help on average for every kill.

Finally people are not saying Lethality is worse because of damage output. Rather because of damage on demand. Sometimes you just don't have the time to wait for dots to tick as in Huttball. Snipers get a bit extra damage from InstaSnipe and Followthru as well as about 30% extra damage on Followthru and Takedown as well as 20% armor penetration on Ambush.

And my biggest problem with Lethality is that I did not roll a sniper to not play one...

Bro, how many "Solo Kills" are you going to get in Civil War? If you're getting a bunch of "Solo Kills" in Civil War, you're not helping your team win the objective and you know it. You're not fighting on a node. The point is to prevent the other team from capping...I was able to do that, and flatten a lot of people in the process. Trust me, they weren't dying to DoT. They were getting a Takedown or Cull right to the chest.

Now because you're being a clown in Voidstar and Hutball, I generally get anywhere from 3-6 Solo Kills per game (I always get AT LEAST 1)....the reason why I don't get more is because again, I play to the objective of the match which is to prevent them from advancing and prevent them from scoring. If you base your PvP success on "solo kills," you're not an effective PvPer (hate to break it to you)....

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/9751/victory244.jpg

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/4625/loss205.jpg

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/9048/loss111.jpg

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/6582/victory286.jpg

As you can see, I generally have a good amount of kills (and solo ones lolololol) each game...and my damage on demand is fantastic. Yeah, you have to ramp it up with DoT's, but once you Weakening Blast and get your Cull going, I don't see Ambush/Followthrough being better "consistent" damage.

You do realize the Culls that are hitting the target are also increased by the 30% on Weakening blast right? So (keep in mind, this is in the full Champion/ and a four total pieces of BM gear) when I am hitting/critting them for 700-1100 physical and seeing 600-900 Culls (times 2 if you have both DoT's up), even in a worst case scenario it's 1900 a shot pretty much.