The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

coming from immortal jugg to shield PT

Geewiz

I am only level 20 on my PT, but I am having issues in pvp adapting to the way half my abilities are long ranged, and half short ranged.

Even shield spec I've noticed I can put out considerably more damage than my jugg, I start off with a missile or two, then unload and rail shot, then they come running or leaping at me, so I electro dart and try to rocket punch and shoot some flames with my shield up, but by that time I'm either overheated or dead.

If I see a pack ill use death from above.

Any pointers other than just leveling up?

Dont use missile blast, it does pathetic damage for the 25 heat cost, and that alone is probably the main reason you're overheating so easily. You should always try to stay at or below 40 heat, if you get over that amount your heat dissipation rate will start to drop pretty drastically.

PT shield spec is not a ranged tank, think of it more as a melee class with ranged abilities. You usually don't want to be using your ranged abilities much since they aren't as effective, especially not Missile Blast which is one of the worst abilities PTs have. Unload is okay but not great since you have to stand still while firing.

Also keep in mind that at level 20 I don't think you have Grapple or Charge yet which really hurts your ability to close the gap on someone.

Edited by hulkweazel