Sniper vs other clsses

Labradoraki

This is about snipers and their fail again GOOD OPPONENTS(cuz everyone can kill a noob that runs around like a chicken)

Sniper vs marauder/jugg/assassin=They open 50% MORE delfect chance and anihilate us since we cant do any damage to them since even ROOTS get deflected and they break flashbang

sniper vs sorcerer= sorcerer dots us to death and goes to los while we have on heals or cleanse to survive... Following them is pointless since by 75% chance it means we are going to die because behind that los there are more enemies or someone will help him... therefore killing the sorcerer is impossible

sniper vs powertech= huge migitation therefore our damage is cut in half while he has elemental damage that bypasses the normal defense... Plus if he is a tank he gets shiled that reduces the damage of our sniper attacks EVEN MORE

sniper vs tracer spammer=Only thing we can win due to ranged interrupt and cover ranged efense although...plus tracer spamers arent the best of players so it isnt rly a good match for balance...

Sniper vs operative=Dead in the first few seconds since our melee defenses are 0 and he can dodge our stupid physical attacks and avoid heavy hitting blows like ambush

and no, lethality is useless against opponents who can dispell....

Thank you bioware for creating yet another very balanced class because you have 0 pvp knowledge

Edited by Labradoraki

Let me sum this up with a big good old cliché: L 2 P

You can thank me later brah.

edit: @ Reggie: damn you beat me to it :'( A guy posting stuff like: 'thnx for (insert random QQ) Bioware' is a troll on his own, thus deserves a good old fashioned troll response.

Edited by Taranthule

SORRY I AM not the only thinking sniper here and i am sure more will see how rboken they are and why the yneed a huge buff especially against los

You are not broken... out of all the classes in the game the only one I don't like to pick on is a Sniper. My IWIN of mindsnap (stop casts) is useless... I get knocked back and rooted... They kite me... or if I am going head to head with a good one they will just sit there behind cover and pluck me to death because I can not do anything at all (in melee range) to stop them from shooting me in the head... over and over again unless my stun is up and they have no resolve built.

I have been in void star matchs before where 3 or 4 snipers lock down one side of the room from a whole team without issue.

Isn't it nice to be able to not be interrupted and have that one do not disturb for 20 seconds move? Add about 50 roots, all of which are great in conjunction with orbital strike, as well as having a lot of moves that do a ****load of damage, and I'd say that either you suck or don't know what the hell you're doing.

Isn't it nice to be able to not be interrupted and have that one do not disturb for 20 seconds move? Add about 50 roots, all of which are great in conjunction with orbital strike, as well as having a lot of moves that do a ****load of damage, and I'd say that either you suck or don't know what the hell you're doing.

Hi, my name is kmana and I like to exaggerate a lot on PvP forums.

I'm all for mocking noobs who need to L2P their class, but FB lasts for 8 seconds (standard) and ends on damage, our 2 roots last for 2-5 and end on damage (one of which requires cover), and orbital strike *********** blows against anyone who actually knows what they're doing.

But you're right. We do a ******** of damage. Aside from that, keep your awkwardly large trolly numbers off of my forums.

Snipers are the only class I have trouble with on my Guard... Can't jump to them due to cover, get rooted when trying to walk there then focused by all the ranged around. 50% block lasts 10secs and is on 3min cd - so the chance of it being up - and blocking the root is pretty low.

Finally get into melee range (often half dead or more by then) and then the sniper's un-interruptable. He dps's me down faster than I can do it back to him - In Melee Range . Only really have a chance if (a. defensive cd is up and I get lucky and block the root - and b. Stuns/push are off-cd so I ca get him out of cover).

Not to mention getting into melee range without a leap means that I'm both focus-starved (short of 3 from leap and 4 from free blade-storm), and don't get my temporary 20% incoming dmg reduction and immunity to cc.

Snipers are the only class I have trouble with on my Guard... Can't jump to them due to cover, get rooted when trying to walk there then focused by all the ranged around. 50% block lasts 10secs and is on 3min cd - so the chance of it being up - and blocking the root is pretty low.

Finally get into melee range (often half dead or more by then) and then the sniper's un-interruptable. He dps's me down faster than I can do it back to him - In Melee Range . Only really have a chance if (a. defensive cd is up and I get lucky and block the root - and b. Stuns/push are off-cd so I ca get him out of cover).

Not to mention getting into melee range without a leap means that I'm both focus-starved (short of 3 from leap and 4 from free blade-storm), and don't get my temporary 20% incoming dmg reduction and immunity to cc.

ye cuz 30 meters are a huge distance for a class that doesnt have a slow...

Here I was thinking this class kicks poney arse! What you gonna flame me by telling me how I'll start the QQing once I reach the 50 bracket. Well nah, I'll probally do the same as my other 2 50s, just put them in the closet whilst yet another reaches 50 :D

I hate this expression but learn to play, or at least practice and get better. From the sheer amount of Nerf this Nerf that nonesense the OP comes up with, I can't help but think this is a pretty poor player who want's to blame inbalance rather than practice practice practice!

Can't you use Force Push to get him out of cover? :confused:

This is about snipers and their fail again GOOD OPPONENTS(cuz everyone can kill a noob that runs around like a chicken)

Sniper vs marauder/jugg/assassin=They open 50% MORE delfect chance and anihilate us since we cant do any damage to them since even ROOTS get deflected and they break flashbang

sniper vs sorcerer= sorcerer dots us to death and goes to los while we have on heals or cleanse to survive... Following them is pointless since by 75% chance it means we are going to die because behind that los there are more enemies or someone will help him... therefore killing the sorcerer is impossible

sniper vs powertech= huge migitation therefore our damage is cut in half while he has elemental damage that bypasses the normal defense... Plus if he is a tank he gets shiled that reduces the damage of our sniper attacks EVEN MORE

sniper vs tracer spammer=Only thing we can win due to ranged interrupt and cover ranged efense although...plus tracer spamers arent the best of players so it isnt rly a good match for balance...

Sniper vs operative=Dead in the first few seconds since our melee defenses are 0 and he can dodge our stupid physical attacks and avoid heavy hitting blows like ambush

and no, lethality is useless against opponents who can dispell....

Thank you bioware for creating yet another very balanced class because you have 0 pvp knowledge

Why do you care? Didn't you delete your level 50 Sniper?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=303178

Hi, my name is kmana and I like to exaggerate a lot on PvP forums.

I'm all for mocking noobs who need to L2P their class, but FB lasts for 8 seconds (standard) and ends on damage, our 2 roots last for 2-5 and end on damage (one of which requires cover), and orbital strike *********** blows against anyone who actually knows what they're doing.

But you're right. We do a ******** of damage. Aside from that, keep your awkwardly large trolly numbers off of my forums.

Yeah, cause having 4 or so moves that can stop a guy in his tracks isn't a lot. Way to spot that troll, though.

thenu just use los and laught because snipers are up against los which makes them useless

And if he is playing with your LoS and you are well placed for the objectif that your team is trying to accomplish, you have a small victory. Since when is killing your opponent the only way to acheive victory?

As a sniper your role is the exact same role as those held by Marksmen (or is it sharpshooters?) in modern day warfare: holding a position. So long as your LoS covers anything of importance, anybody leaving that line of sight is failing to accomplish what needs to be done.

Special Tatics as WhiteRa would say :rolleyes:

Edited by SicNNasty

And if he is playing with your LoS and you are well placed for the objectif that your team is trying to accomplish, you have a small victory. Since when is killing your opponent the only way to acheive victory?

As a sniper your role is the exact same role as those held by Marksmen (or is it sharpshooters?) in modern day warfare: holding a position. So long as your LoS covers anything of importance, anybody leaving that line of sight is failing to accomplish what needs to be done.

Special Tatics as WhiteRa would say :rolleyes:

sorry but this is about class balance, tactics are not in it so they shouldnt be used as an argument for balance between classes...

Snipers are without doubt the most under-represented adv class in the highest level of pvp. The nature of the pvp is such that mobility is the key to winning. The cover mechanism does not work half the time with them being knocked out of cover despite using entrench. Having stuns are too unreliable in this game as an escape mechanism......they need some form of damage mitigation. Its all very well saying melee should win in melee range but Snipers really are a free kill with no chance of escape. Some form of disengage mechanism would help them.