Rushing through content

Nasja

... I'm only here to humor my wife until something better comes out.

Trust me, if you're not having fun, then you're wasting time and money better spent on OTHER things you can humor your wife with.

I mean, really, you hate all of the elements of a story-driven MMO? Call of Duty, man, Call of Duty.

Your home life won't suffer THAT much if you don't play alongside your better half, because all the points you make playing with her, you lose by doing 'gogogogo!' and interrupting HER enjoyment of the game world. Better of just leaving her to her thing, and ... doing something more suited to your tastes.

I only group for Heroics and Flash Points because I assume everyone wants to do these repeatables for the gear and quest rewards. I know that's the only reason I do them. Running as a tank or healer I am well aware of the "don't stop" attitude and prefer it myself. As a tank I won't engage if I know my group isn't ready to deal with the fight, but if we're clearing trash I jump in and make them move. I do stop if I see the healer using their OoC heal since I know sometimes you get drained. On a healer if I need to get more Force/Ammo I position myself at the front of the fight so I can use my OoC heal once it is done and refresh as people pass me to save time.

A lot of it is that I assume everyone else wants to rush and I don't want to be a burden to others. I don't know the dialogue of a lot of Flash Points because I've never read it. I would not be opposed to running a Flash Point without using spacebar once, but I can see why you wouldn't. Everything from the Dropship Hanger is shared between factions thus pointless to the overall story. Usually the only dialogue is getting and turning in the quest with one moment of dialogue for a LS/DS choice in the middle. After that it's all Hard Mode and you run those to get gear. I have not encountered a person who didn't want to spacebar in a spacebar group nor have I seen a person trying to gathered resources at every fallen enemy. If I did, in a Flash Point, I'd ask them to stop. If they didn't I'd probably leave the group. Especially the resource gathering. That's just so minor and pointless.

When soloing I often space bar through the dialogue. I turn on subtitles so I don't have to wait for the NPC to say everything. I like the story and dialogue, but I like getting it faster. I run through most conversations several times; to maximize affection gains and to see all the outcomes of the conversation that interest me. This is why I wouldn't group with people while doing class/world quests. I hit Esc a lot.