Pyrotech help

NotoriousJay

Hey guys, i'm a lvl 50 pyrotech merc, valor 56, in full champion gear and i'm considering re-rolling powertech since I hear they play the pyrotech spec alot better than mercs. I played arsenal for the majority of the game but arsenal is not really an ideal PvP spec because of the lack of mobility, they are easily shutdown by interupts and can be los by any player with a clue of what he is doing.

I'm curious as to whether powertech really is more viable as pyrotech and if it is worth re-rolling.

Any help, opinions or comparisons would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

Hey guys, i'm a lvl 50 pyrotech merc, valor 56, in full champion gear and i'm considering re-rolling powertech since I hear they play the pyrotech spec alot better than mercs. I played arsenal for the majority of the game but arsenal is not really an ideal PvP spec because of the lack of mobility, they are easily shutdown by interupts and can be los by any player with a clue of what he is doing.

I'm curious as to whether powertech really is more viable as pyrotech and if it is worth re-rolling.

Any help, opinions or comparisons would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

Not sure how many people can honestly say they have BOTH a merc/pyro and PT pyro *geared* and at 50 at this point.

From rolling in pvp with a PT pyro and another Merc Pyro, the 2 Mercs usually outperform that PT in dmg, not by a lot, the PT is usually within 10%, but the Mercs are definitely not giving anything up to the PT (its also insanely fun having 3 strong burst DPS working together)

One benefit i see for PT over Merc is if you want *medals*, guard is basically 2 free medals so youll generally be able to farm more medals as a PT Pyro than a Merc Pyro.

Your right about one thing, Arsenal spec is utter crap compared with a well played pyro spec... its night and day... there really is no reason to want to PVP with arsenal... but id say Arsenal is slightly better in PVE due to being slightly more heat efficient.

My main question would be...how are you performing as a Merc/Pyro ?

I Average 300-350k in warzones where I help the objectives and dont go out of my way to hunt for frags...without a pocket healer. The other Merc/Pyro I run with produces similar numbers on a consistant basis.

With a pocket healer, or being a frags/dps whore, we've hit over 500k a few times and 400k is very doable if you hunt for opportunities to AOE.

However in terms of effectiveness I dont see major advantages to being PT... As a Merc/Pyro I dont recall ever losing to a PT/Pyro in a 1v1... i find my Merc is more than competative(maybe all the PT's/Vanguards ive fought are just bad...but i find that hard to beleive)

I'll WILL be rolling a PT just to see how it plays, but im not doing it for any other reason than i want a toon i know i can lvl quickly to 50 which i can use for cybertech and I *love* my 1st BH enough to want the set :p

then tell me why i always outdeal every merc? i hit the 400k-500k mark without a pocket healer... so imo they pt is slightly better cause u r better in meele combat/u can kite every meele to death, have better utilities 4 teamplay and so on. so imo pt is the better toolbox instead of sitting behind and spamming ******** :p

I normally get between 300-500k damage per warzone and I have not really seen any pyro powertech gameplay to compare damage output to.

I know powertechs railshot ignores 90%, flame burst procs CGC and they have more utility in PvP so with all that compared to abilities like power shot, fusion missile and unload, do mercs compare to a powertechs damage output?

Also if I were to re-roll powertech I would still use eliminator armour for pyrotech right?

Mercs are better in non-ball carrying situations in Huttball, due to being ranged.

pt's are much better at helping take down healers, due to having interupt.

PT's do about the same damage as mercs.

Mercs can heal, so don't rely on healers so much.

Overall, Mercs are probably a bit stronger because of healing tools, but its essentially a wash.