Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

[Bug] Force Charge Failure to Root

deathTouchIG

Originally posted this in Sith Warrior forums to ensure that others were having the same issue as myself. Was confirmed by a number of different players that they were having the exact same issue. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2985542#post2985542

I have noticed Force Charge failing to root certain targets that, at least intuitively, should root. This results in allowing the target to run away, bringing them out of melee range with the mara/jugg.

Situations that I have noticed Force Charge failing:

1) Force Charging to a target, with the target "parrying" the attack (this seems to be working as intended and I don't have an issue with it)

2) Force Charging to a target, with the target taking damage from the attack, but is not rooted. This seems to happen with greater frequency when the target is a sith sorc or assassin who is simultaneously using Force Speed. I understand assassins/shadows have an ability to break/negate CC, but I am talking about this outside of use of that ability, as well as with sorcs who do not have the ability at all.

Edited by deathTouchIG

Originally posted this in Sith Warrior forums to ensure that others were having the same issue as myself. Was confirmed by a number of different players that they were having the exact same issue. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2985542#post2985542

I have noticed Force Charge failing to root certain targets that, at least intuitively, should root. This results in allowing the target to run away, bringing them out of melee range with the mara/jugg.

Situations that I have noticed Force Charge failing:

1) Force Charging to a target, with the target "parrying" the attack (this seems to be working as intended and I don't have an issue with it)

2) Force Charging to a target, with the target taking damage from the attack, but is not rooted. This seems to happen with greater frequency when the target is a sith sorc or assassin who is simultaneously using Force Speed. I understand assassins/shadows have an ability to break/negate CC, but I am talking about this outside of use of that ability, as well as with sorcs who do not have the ability at all.

what?

what?

I think his post was pretty clear, and I've had this happen as well on several occasions, even when the target has no resolve (if that even affects it). If you're going to respond to a post that was fairly easy to understand with "what?", why respond at all? I've experienced this enough to know that there may be a problem with the ability in certain circumstances. It's not really gamebreaking (at least not for me) because it doesn't happen terribly often, but it does happen.

Edited by vindianajones

I've seen this happen, but I believe it's because of resolve. When charging someone with white resolve, the root doesn't seem to go off sometimes. Also some classes I believe have ways of becoming immune to force leap stun, because if I remember correctly force leap isn't actually a FORCE attack, I think it's kinetic melee or something like that? Happens to me quite often on my Marauder. Edited by Sabbathius

I've seen this happen, but I believe it's because of resolve. When charging someone with white resolve, the root doesn't seem to go off sometimes. Also some classes I believe have ways of becoming immune to force leap stun, because if I remember correctly force leap isn't actually a FORCE attack, I think it's kinetic melee or something like that? Happens to me quite often on my Marauder.

I've noticed it happen when the target has zero resolve, or an unfilled resolve meter.

Regardless, roots don't affect resolve. Most of the time opponents with a full resolve bar that is ticking down will be rooted by the Force Charge root effect.

Sometimes they won't though. It's the inconsistency that's causing issues.

Edited by deathTouchIG

This just in:

Force speed can be talented to remove roots and snares and make them immune for the duration.

working as intended.

Remove roots and snares - yes

Unless you were just trolling, could you tell me the name of that mysterious skill that makes you immune to snares and roots for the duration of force speed?

It's been happening to me too.

And, it doesn't happen on players using force speed, so the talent is not 100% of the cause. I haven't seen consistencies with the problem though, so I have no idea what is causing it. Definitely not resolve related, as roots and snares don't effect resolve.

I think it's an assassin thing.

And I too get the issues, but class seems to just be completely irrelevant, I've noticed it against all classes personnaly. And yes it can be "game breaking" in the sense that I walked up to my target to make sure I had my leap ready for when I ate my knock back, leap on to him and not only do I land just shy of the 4m melee range but he just keeps on moving. To me that is game breaking because that is a kill that I set up, and is denied because of a flaw in an ability.

Also just to confirm, roots do not effect resolve. I can root a guy with fulll resolve on my sniper, killing melee is stupidly easy because you can using roots, disable them from the entire fight.

I think his post was pretty clear, and I've had this happen as well on several occasions, even when the target has no resolve (if that even affects it). If you're going to respond to a post that was fairly easy to understand with "what?", why respond at all? I've experienced this enough to know that there may be a problem with the ability in certain circumstances. It's not really gamebreaking (at least not for me) because it doesn't happen terribly often, but it does happen.

next time pay attention, i had highlighted a sentence in his post which made me go "what?"