Can anyone suggest some star wars books?

JohnBeelick

In terms of the year system, everything goes by 'BBY' and 'ABY'. BBY means 'Before the Battle of Yavin' - the Death Star's destruction in Episode 4, ABY = After. Treat BBY as 'BC' and ABY as 'AD'

The Old Republic is set in a period 3,643-3,641 BBY.

Prior to the Old Republic you have the Tales of the Jedi era (TotJ) and the Knights of the Old Republic era (KotOR).

TotJ and KotOR consist of comics in the form of graphic novels, and are really the only EU source.

After The Old Republic and it's associated novels (Deceived, Fatal Alliance, Revan and another unnamed novel yet to be released), there's a gap of about 2,000 - 2,500 years until the Darth Bane Trilogy (Path of Destruction, Rule of Two, and Dynasty of Evil), as well as the graphic novel 'Jedi vs Sith'.

There's a good 'rough' timeline of the EU here > Clicky

Decieved.

I havent read it yet but I got it for Christmas. It focuses on Darth Malgus and takes place just before the games.

I would also highly recommend the Darth Bane trilogy, I recently finished it and really enjoyed it. It takes place some 2000 years after The Old Republic but 1000 years before the movies (so in a way, it bridges the gap between the two eras). It was written by Drew Karpyshyn, the lead writer of KotOR and Mass Effect, and it does have many nods to KotOR. If your interested in the Sith and the dark side, I highly recommend them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.