What is going on here? Curious PvP observations...

SilencingMchine

First of all, I am not and won't be one to rush to the tried and true "HACKS!!!!" war cry when something looks or seems fishy. Now, that being said, this past weekend, I am seeing a LOT of "odd" things that I have not seen before and hoping someone can explain.

Now, I am valor rank 63 and pretty much stick to PvP....the little computer vs players puzzle solvers can have their dance.....sooooo.....in this past weekend, I saw a LOT of this going on...

1. players (all classes) taking NO damage while being stunned in fire in Hutt Ball...no other friendlies around them...they just waited it out and went on through....what?!?!?!

2. Twice tonight I fought the same opponent who I NEVER see on (so I am pretty sure they are a lower valor rank and expertise but regardless).....I began to damage them, they suddenly jump to 100% health and then take NO damage after that from me (I am a Sorc so DOTs, lightening, etc...nothing)...after about 10sec, I just moved on....again, no other friendlies around them.

3. Players with EMPTY or near empty resolve not being affected by stun, whirlwind, knockback, etc. ***?!?! Again, this was not just one class but many.

So what is going on here!?!?!? I only know of marauders/sents that have a ability to be immune but that's it...and even that does not explain ANY of this.

Just curious. It seems odd that I have not seen any of this and then now it seems over a weekend (and posts I saw on the forum), I see it a lot.

ps. No QQ here...I still collect my valor at the end...win or lose. haha Nice design,BW! Doh!

First of all, I am not and won't be one to rush to the tried and true "HACKS!!!!" war cry when something looks or seems fishy. Now, that being said, this past weekend, I am seeing a LOT of "odd" things that I have not seen before and hoping someone can explain.

Now, I am valor rank 63 and pretty much stick to PvP....the little computer vs players puzzle solvers can have their dance.....sooooo.....in this past weekend, I saw a LOT of this going on...

1. players (all classes) taking NO damage while being stunned in fire in Hutt Ball...no other friendlies around them...they just waited it out and went on through....what?!?!?!

2. Twice tonight I fought the same opponent who I NEVER see on (so I am pretty sure they are a lower valor rank and expertise but regardless).....I began to damage them, they suddenly jump to 100% health and then take NO damage after that from me (I am a Sorc so DOTs, lightening, etc...nothing)...after about 10sec, I just moved on....again, no other friendlies around them.

3. Players with EMPTY or near empty resolve not being affected by stun, whirlwind, knockback, etc. ***?!?! Again, this was not just one class but many.

So what is going on here!?!?!? I only know of marauders/sents that have a ability to be immune but that's it...and even that does not explain ANY of this.

Just curious. It seems odd that I have not seen any of this and then now it seems over a weekend (and posts I saw on the forum), I see it a lot.

ps. No QQ here...I still collect my valor at the end...win or lose. haha Nice design,BW! Doh!

Sounds like a self-proclaimed elitist breaking the number one rule of elitist pvp "NEVER QQ ABOUT YOUR BAD SKILL":D

I was told that Assassins also have a CC immune ability. Never played one, so can't say for sure.

sith assassins have force shroud which makes us immune to tech and force attacks, last 3 seconds. I'm not sure what the shadow mirror is sorry.

Yeh....forgot the assassin one.....but I was seeing this happen regardless of class (saw Sorc do it, BH do it, Assassin do it, Marauder do it, etc).....and sitting in fire with no damage or taking no damage after the fact just seems still very "off". Ideas?

bounty hunter has a spec'd ability that makes them unstoppable/knockable/pullable/stunnable for 8 seconds.

this is due to client-based positioning I believe.

Many times I stun a player in the fire, but he takes no dmg and when the stun wears off he's magically standing 2m behind it.

Same goes for knockback, just when you think you're gonna throw someone into a pit of doom, he goes 45 degree some-other-way and survives.

I think that the player is not in the same position on your screen as he is on his own, and that lag causes this.

Happens A LOT and I've got 100mbit so it sure as hell ain't my interwebs.