The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Most Viable Raiding DPS Spec

mykaelmjr

I've been doing HM FPs and Ops with this spec:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hMhZMsMZfhbbdGhM.1

The spec maxes out HIB and I run the spec with Plasma Cell. My biggest issue is running out of ammo and finding myself useless during fights. Can anyone suggest a spec that will come close to producing the same amount of dps?

I'm currently weaving in hammer shot in between each attack and keeping the target on fire, however if I'm not paying attention my ammo really suffers.

If I spec into tactics (for it's fast ammo regen) will my dps take a large hit?

Also, in terms of gear, is Combat Tech assault's best set for the 4pc bonus?

Any suggestions would be great.

Edited by mykaelmjr

I cannot really comment from a HM point of view as I'm not there yet, but I am slowly building up my tree to be like this.

I note that as long as I run into melee range and just focus on Ion Pulse and Stockstrike (on cooldown) I rarely drop below 50% ammo and will end many fights at close to full ammo.

Naturally this is dependant on the RNG of proccing Ionic Accelerator. If I drop below 50% I just Hammer Shot a few times (1-2 times) between Ion Pulses until IA starts proccing again.

What is causing you to go out of ammo? Are you staying at range and cannot get in Ion Pulses or Stockstrikes? Is it the RNG gods that don't like you? What?

You might also want to take a look at this thread that discusses this kind of build.

I like this running HEC. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801ZMsMMRrfoZbIbrzh.1

Keep the dots rolling and "spam" ion pulse and pulsecannon. You can't spam quite as much as a traditional tactics spec due to keep IR running but the dps is solid. You could adjust the assault points and run plasma for short fights I suppose.

Im also still split on the points in pulse generator over brutal impact.