Colored Saber(s)?

Czenabog

Haven't gotten very far in the game thus far as I am new to the game, the forums, etc...

But I was curious if you're somewhat able to choose your color saber if by simply choosing, story choices, or can simply buy a color crystal...

Cause I'd REALLY like a purple saber for my Inquisitor... But is this possible?

Haven't gotten very far in the game thus far as I am new to the game, the forums, etc...

But I was curious if you're somewhat able to choose your color saber if by simply choosing, story choices, or can simply buy a color crystal...

Cause I'd REALLY like a purple saber for my Inquisitor... But is this possible?

Generally speaking you get to choose what color you put into your weapon. First of all you need a weapon that has a slot for you to put a color crystal in. In the lower levels there are orange (color of the item rarity) weapons that are slottable. However there are no purple color crystals that I know of that can be made or bought. The only purple colors I have seen are on end game PvP and raid weapons. However every other color is your choice. Just remember that if you go Light side points then you cannot use Red color crystals. If you go Dark side points you cannot use Blue color crystals. Hope this helps and is not too confusing.

Generally speaking you get to choose what color you put into your weapon. First of all you need a weapon that has a slot for you to put a color crystal in. In the lower levels there are orange (color of the item rarity) weapons that are slottable. However there are no purple color crystals that I know of that can be made or bought. The only purple colors I have seen are on end game PvP and raid weapons. However every other color is your choice. Just remember that if you go Light side points then you cannot use Red color crystals. If you go Dark side points you cannot use Blue color crystals. Hope this helps and is not too confusing.

This is correct. There is talk that in the next major patch we may be able to take the purple crystals out of the level 50 PvP weapons and use them in others, but if you have a level 50 PvP weapon then there isn't much point in stripping it out, because there isn't a better one to put it in.

This is off topic...

But can someone explain PvP in a nutshell? I know it's player vs player... but beyond that I'm clueless as, in reference to any games that resemble this one, I've only played KotoR and WoW and never engaged myself in any PvP combat and have pretty much no idea who these different arsenals off weaponry and such applies to gameplay ...Why can't I just use the armor and weapons I'm already using in my regular gameplay?

This is off topic...

But can someone explain PvP in a nutshell? I know it's player vs player... but beyond that I'm clueless as, in reference to any games that resemble this one, I've only played KotoR and WoW and never engaged myself in any PvP combat and have pretty much no idea who these different arsenals off weaponry and such applies to gameplay ...Why can't I just use the armor and weapons I'm already using in my regular gameplay?

You can really. they're cross referencing PvP gear as examples, not requirements. the PvP gear in the game requires tokens from PvP. there's a pretty decent write-up on it in the PvP forum if you want to read it, but there's absolutely no reason you have to get PvP gear unless you want to.

basically, if you want to change the color of your saber, you will need a "moddable" saber. As stated above, they're name/highlight is orange in color (except when they drop...they will often show up as a "blue" drop until you pick them up). they are of varying levels...most the mod gear you find on mobs will have mods of the proper level already (though you will still often be able to upgrade a few of them...I often find that the armor mod as an example in dropped mod gear is usually a green quality (blue is better option, purple best)

As an example, when you finish your class quests on Korriban, you are gifted a lightsaber. That's a moddable saber...my Jugg is level 38 and she is still using the same saber! the mods are what make a moddable gear piece what it is. 3 mods...armor, mod, and enhancement, will add your bonus stats, and buff up the actual armor/damage of the weapon. think of "mods" as reusable enchants from WoW.

the level of the mod will dictate its stats, very similar to how the level of a set of boots will determine its stats. Mod's can be switched amongst various pieces of Mod gear...if you find a new mod item you like better then the old one, you can easily (for a cost) switch the mods over to your new one, and have a new looking piece of gear, same stats

the crystal is a weapon only upgrade. They're usually smaller buffs (+endurance, +crit), but the crystals are probably more rare and harder to get then other mods. Most commendation vendors will not sell them. the best resource is an artificer craftsman. either start the craft yourself, or look for crystals on the AH.

some crystals are simply hard to find. I've done pretty well on my artificer simply because i craft a few of each color and each level, and throw up on the AH. they sell like hotcakes.

Edited by Elyx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.