Commando, Master of Combat

Hobocrunch

Is that reason enough to say he deserves zero utility? Come on BioWare, I'm depressed playing this class because he's got nothing cool / special.

Where's my AOE Stealth?

Where's my Combat Res? I mean the god damn tree is called COMBAT MEDIC, and I can't god damn COMBAT res?!~!

Class text from swtor.com :

Trained in advanced assault tactics and weaponry, Commandos charge

battlefields with massive blaster cannons, overwhelming their enemies

with brute firepower. Whether taking out an enemy bunker with focused

fire or driving back an Imperial charge with a hail of concussive bolts,

the Commando’s high-powered hardware dominates the scene, laying

waste to all unfortunates who fall within its range. Many of the

Republic’s greatest military victories can be credited to the

decisive actions of a Commando in the field.

Outlined and lol'ed....

Only true thing in that class presentation; they do wield massive battle cannons.

On my Inquisitor I pretty much laugh when a commando attacks me - for a heavy armor wearing class, they are just to damn squishy and easy to take down and their damage with that massive battle cannon is laughable...

Anyways, back to my Vanguard :)

Guess thats why so many are rolling Vanguards/Powertechs atm.

It all depends on the player. Be happy you have a easy time killing commandos. Strange 1vs1 my commando hybrid mostly wins. 2 players have no chance to capture a objective or plant explosives on a door in time even tho im allone. Dont blame a class blame the ppl who play it. There is always someone that can take me no matter what I do. Thats how I know a better player killed me not class.

It all depends on the player. Be happy you have a easy time killing commandos. Strange 1vs1 my commando hybrid mostly wins. 2 players have no chance to capture a objective or plant explosives on a door in time even tho im allone. Dont blame a class blame the ppl who play it. There is always someone that can take me no matter what I do. Thats how I know a better player killed me not class.

^

I have a 50 gunslinger pvp eith full champ gear and it depends on the player. If the person is geared at my level or higher and knows what he is doing then he can take me. That is my experience fighting everyclass. Yet people that are geared less then me or not really sure on how to beat a gunslinger with their toon end up getting destroyed by me.

I have personnally watch a team of tropers and commandoes dominate pvp one time, it was amazing they were doing everything. I rolled a trooper after seeing that.

I have a lvl 50 Operative that has been the bane of the Twin Spears since pre-launch (I have a few Reddit articles raging about me). Recently rolled a Commando, and it's as lolbroken as I thought it would be. In pure gunnery I'm killing Battlemaster Sorcs in 5-6 GCDs and the hybrid "Gravheals" spec (with 11 points in Gunnery and everything else in Medic) allows you to main heal every HM, including the Operations, while doing Scoundrel/Operative level PvE damage. In PvP, it's not unusual to be top three damage and heals with insane survivability.

The class is insanely overpowered and I love it.

I have a lvl 50 Operative that has been the bane of the Twin Spears since pre-launch (I have a few Reddit articles raging about me). Recently rolled a Commando, and it's as lolbroken as I thought it would be. In pure gunnery I'm killing Battlemaster Sorcs in 5-6 GCDs and the hybrid "Gravheals" spec (with 11 points in Gunnery and everything else in Medic) allows you to main heal every HM, including the Operations, while doing Scoundrel/Operative level PvE damage. In PvP, it's not unusual to be top three damage and heals with insane survivability.

The class is insanely overpowered and I love it.

and what 5 GCDs are you using that are killing a BM geared sorc? I'd love to hear that one, especially as a hybrid without demo round. not sayin hybrids don't rock in PVP, they do, but not because of their ability to kill some one in 5-6 GCDs. They have heals and more survivability, they sacrifice the ability to kill fast and they lose burst due to no demo round.

troll less prz.

Honestly, I don't mind the fact that we have low mobility and no stealth. It make sense considering we're heavy armor shocktroopers with assault cannons. The only way we leave a fight is through victory, forcing a retreat, or in a bodybag. Actually escaping a fight is unlikely unless your attacker is incapable of taking you down, in which case they normally get bored and leave you alone (or follow you into your friends around the corner and prompty get obliterated). Really wouldn't expect anything less from the Republic's finest, especially since we have awesome survivability if you know how to use it.

I do wish we had an in-combat revive, though. It remains the only time that I feel like a burden on my team ("Quick, the healer's down revive him." "I can't, I'm a Commando" "Oh yeah...").

Edited by SpaniardInfinity

Class text from swtor.com :

Only true thing in that class presentation; they do wield massive battle cannons.

On my Inquisitor I pretty much laugh when a commando attacks me - for a heavy armor wearing class, they are just to damn squishy and easy to take down and their damage with that massive battle cannon is laughable...

Anyways, back to my Vanguard :)

Guess thats why so many are rolling Vanguards/Powertechs atm.

Yeah, unfortunately that heavy armor doesn't do a whole heck of a lot to protect us from elemental or internal damage, and usually the ones who do physical or kinetic damage avoid me because I just blast em to pieces...

Although, I'd have to question the tactics of the commandos who are attacking you, when I lock my sights on a SI, he doesn't even know he's getting hit by a commando until he's at 50%...