The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

effective skills?

StrykeHard

SMOKE GRENADE? (-20% accuracy for 18 secs) never seen anybody use these at all...

BATTLEFIELD TRAINING? (+15% movement speed)? seems like a critical skill to me -- is it Passive- always on skill ?

HIGH IMPACT BOLTS? i have trouble watching to see when it is useable... any effective builds that do not rely on this skill ?

GUT + INCENDIARY ROUND + SMOKE GRENADE + Plasma Cell = ??? a little bit of goodness from each tree?

i mostly play and level up with war zones.. only level 18 atm.

thanks for comments

1- yes, I use them all the time. It's a debuff, use it. It helps your team

2- not needed, but you might like it

3- must use, as it's one of your main abilities whether you like it or not. Learn how it works. get used to it.

4- there's lots of build to try. find one you like

keep playing and fiddling.

the skills you mentioned that aren't good, actually are...and vice versa.

but you'll find that out as you get farther along.

it's all about "YOUR' playstyle remember..... what works for someone else, may not have similar results for you.

focus on the ones that you use often and succesfully.... and build around them.

1. If it's possible to miss with a tech/force attack, then its good. I haven't seen a definite answer to that yet.

2. Works only in combat and it requires you to use High Energy Cell. That means its limited to Tactics specs, but its pretty good.

3. High Impact Bolt is the core damaging ability of Assault/Assault hybrid specs. You can spec it to ignore 90% of the armor, reset its cd and be free on the next use after using Stockstrike(45%) or Ion Pulse (spammable, 30%), to give you +1 ammo when hitting a burning target and refreshing Plasma Cell dot, if it's on the target, etc.

4. Incendiary Round on its own is pretty bad. You will usualy want to add at least HIB related talents from Assault tree, which will prevent you getting both Gut and Smoke Grenade.

thanks for the help...

just wondering where some of you all put your HIB?

which location on the quick slot ? and also what key binding?

right now i have it on the bottom center bound to the F key.... and clearly this is not working for me.

maybe should bind it to one of the mouse keys instead?