From 30-40 is Gore a must?

Darccone

So, I am Annihilation speced @25 and looking ahead. I am loving the dot's and heals with the spec and PvP is a blast. Question is though come 30 should I spec Carnage and get Gore? The 100% armor reduction looks so sexy. Annihilation doesnt get its key ability till 40 so I could switch back then. Having a hard time deciding as all 3 specs start really start comming into thier own by 26+.

Thanks!

Edited by Darccone

Annihilation gets it key ability at level 20, Deadly sabre. Stay annihilation, you can level as carnage but 6 seconds of armour pen isnt all its cracked up to be, usually a 20% damage increase on the next 3/4 global cooldowns (depending on lag) compare this to a flat out, always running DOT effect..... Need i say more?

Carnage is bad. And it's only fun after level 40 when you get Massacre.

Stay Annihilation. Play Carnage whenever you feel like not giving a crap. It's super fun, but it's literally a joke of a spec compared to the other two in Warzones.

If you're not playing Warzones, then yeah Carnage isn't bad for PvE, but there's no reason to pick Carnage over Annihilation in PvE anyway...

Carnage is Garbage. But it's fun. That's the only reason I frequently revert to it.

Stay Annihilation. Play Carnage whenever you feel like not giving a crap. It's super fun, but it's literally a joke of a spec compared to the other two in Warzones.

If you're not playing Warzones, then yeah Carnage isn't bad for PvE, but there's no reason to pick Carnage over Annihilation in PvE anyway...

Carnage is Garbage. But it's fun. That's the only reason I frequently revert to it.

not true if you like the playstyle better of carnage because it doesn't do alot less dps like i hate anhilation because it's based off of bleeds so i went with carnage

not true if you like the playstyle better of carnage because it doesn't do alot less dps like i hate anhilation because it's based off of bleeds so i went with carnage

As much as I love Carnage, there is virtually no reason to ever use it in a Warzone. It can do decently in Hutt Ball when defending, but due to it's lack of defenses will fail at ball carrying compared to Rage and especially Annihilation.

DPS wise, it's terrible in PvP because Carnage requires you to be on your target at all times to deal any sort of damage, whereas Annihilation can simply throw their DoTs and walk away (or be knocked back, who cares at that point). Rage saves all their damage for a single burst Smash, so they only need to be on their target(s) for a minimal amount of time, and considering they have TWO gap closers, they don't mind being slowed/knocked back as much.

Carnage, on the other hand, requires you to be within 5 meters of the enemy you're targeting. The only ranged attack it has is Scream, which should generally only be used if it's guaranteed to Crit anyway, and considering how reliant Carnage is on the burst Scream Crits, won't help you kill a fleeing target, because it should ALWAYS be on cooldown. Your only gap closer in Carnage is Charge, which, unlike Annihilation or Rage, has neither a reduced cooldown (in the case of the former) nor another similar ability to fill in should it fail (in the case of the latter).

Sure, Carnage has two additional roots (which I LOVE, by the way). You'd think that would make this tree amazing for PvP. However, it's lack of heals (as in the case with Annihilation) and it's lack of raw damage reduction (as in the case with Rage) simply don't give it enough survivability for how long Carnage needs to be within the opponent's threatened zones.

tldr: Carnage has less survivability, less utility, and with even the slightest amount of CC, can never deal as much damage as the other two specs.

Edited by Spiderbubble

i am annilhation but tbh i dont think that carnage is that bad , consider that it makes ravage doable due to a talent that immobilizes the target for the duration of ravage, that means up to a point you can make up for giving up annihilate, it enhances force sream a lot, it has many talents that lower rage costs and makes key skills refund rage.

the only reason i do not consider to respec at carnage is that dots in anni are much much better.

long story short, between carnage and anni the questiom is this: you preffer storng dots or better rage managment?

Edited by darth_billy

As much as I love Carnage, there is virtually no reason to ever use it in a Warzone. It can do decently in Hutt Ball when defending, but due to it's lack of defenses will fail at ball carrying compared to Rage and especially Annihilation.

DPS wise, it's terrible in PvP because Carnage requires you to be on your target at all times to deal any sort of damage, whereas Annihilation can simply throw their DoTs and walk away (or be knocked back, who cares at that point). Rage saves all their damage for a single burst Smash, so they only need to be on their target(s) for a minimal amount of time, and considering they have TWO gap closers, they don't mind being slowed/knocked back as much.

Carnage, on the other hand, requires you to be within 5 meters of the enemy you're targeting. The only ranged attack it has is Scream, which should generally only be used if it's guaranteed to Crit anyway, and considering how reliant Carnage is on the burst Scream Crits, won't help you kill a fleeing target, because it should ALWAYS be on cooldown. Your only gap closer in Carnage is Charge, which, unlike Annihilation or Rage, has neither a reduced cooldown (in the case of the former) nor another similar ability to fill in should it fail (in the case of the latter).

Sure, Carnage has two additional roots (which I LOVE, by the way). You'd think that would make this tree amazing for PvP. However, it's lack of heals (as in the case with Annihilation) and it's lack of raw damage reduction (as in the case with Rage) simply don't give it enough survivability for how long Carnage needs to be within the opponent's threatened zones.

tldr: Carnage has less survivability, less utility, and with even the slightest amount of CC, can never deal as much damage as the other two specs.

lol I don't think you know what you like. This is a mess of an explanation of why carnage is so bad. /facepalm