Having serious issues with build

Wittylibrarian

If there's anyone on Namaadi Corridor server with a Sentinel who can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong. I mean, I'm +3 on Elites and still getting killed on my Sentinel, but I play Commando Trooper and +3 are barely a problem.

I'm trying to purchase sabers and armors that are closer to my level (43 atm), and I think I've unlocked the right powersets and skill tree options, but still I'd like to think my guy WittyJedi can be better than this...

Ok, some basic advice:

1. Use two Orange lightsabers and keep the Hilts up to date, if nothing else. The Hilt modifies the damage output of your lightsabers. Likewise, Armor mods adjust the armor rating on the rest of your gear. (planetary commendatiaons and the galactic trade network [or auction hall] are good sources)

2. If you fight multiple mobs, be sure to kill the weakest mobs first and work your way up. It's essential to reduce your incoming damage as quickly as possible.

3. Upgrade as many of your mods as you can every two or three levels. Focus on purchasing mods that emphasize Strength. Critical Rating is also important. Endurance tends to take care of itself, since it's on most of the mods you'll find/buy.

4. If you have Doc (picked up on Belsavis) use him. If not, remember you need to kill mobs as fast as possible.

5. Work on your skill rotations. Keep your Kick (interrupt) very handy, and remember to use it. Mine's on 5 in my skill bar. Use your burn skills (Overload Saber, Cauterize). Use OS every time it's up.

6. If you spec up the Watchman skill tree, your burns' critical ticks will heal you, and that will help a little bit with your survivability.

Edited by Tedroni

Ok, some basic advice:

1. Use two Orange lightsabers and keep the Hilts up to date, if nothing else. The Hilt modifies the damage output of your lightsabers. Likewise, Armor mods adjust the armor rating on the rest of your gear. (planetary commendatiaons and the galactic trade network [or auction hall] are good sources)

2. If you fight multiple mobs, be sure to kill the weakest mobs first and work your way up. It's essential to reduce your incoming damage as quickly as possible.

3. Upgrade as many of your mods as you can every two or three levels. Focus on purchasing mods that emphasize Strength. Critical Rating is also important. Endurance tends to take care of itself, since it's on most of the mods you'll find/buy.

4. If you have Doc (picked up on Belsavis) use him. If not, remember you need to kill mobs as fast as possible.

5. Work on your skill rotations. Keep your Kick (interrupt) very handy, and remember to use it. Mine's on 5 in my skill bar. Use your burn skills (Overload Saber, Cauterize). Use OS every time it's up.

6. If you spec up the Watchman skill tree, your burns' critical ticks will heal you, and that will help a little bit with your survivability.

Good points. This should help!

purchasing mods that emphasize Strength[/b]. Critical Rating is also important. Endurance tends to take care of itself' date=' since it's on most of the mods you'll find/buy.[/quote']

Just a quick comment here, since I posted another thread about this....

At many stages it is difficult if not impossible to find Str > End mods. Several commendation vendors either only sell End > Str (Guardian) mods, or else if they sell both, sell something like Guardian 12, 11, but only Might 11. So, although I agree with this assertion, putting it into practice has been quite literally impossible. Even the GTN seems to have very few, if any, might mods once you get into your 30s and 40s. I do not know why this is, but it's a frustrating fact of Sentinel life.

So... yes, I agree, go Str>End if you can, but if you can't, get an End>Str mod of your level rather than running around with a Str>End mod 10 levels below you.

So... yes, I agree, go Str>End if you can, but if you can't, get an End>Str mod of your level rather than running around with a Str>End mod 10 levels below you.

Excellent point. If you can't make your own mods, you're at the mercy of commendation vendors that sell lesser might mod versions than guardian mods.