The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lvl 40 Spec w/eye towards PvP DPS

Cheeseblaster

First off this forum rocks. Tons of information and very helpful people. I love the discussions of teh Lvl 50's but I'm not there yet. I'm currently running Yojack's SS build and it's great. Works well for both PVP and PVE. I've been able to do decent damage and a decent medal haul during WZ's.

So for some fun and a bit of a challenge I thought I'd try either a Tactics build or an Assault build and am looking for suggestions. I'm currently lvl 38 but am looking towards my Lvl 40 build. I've been hard pressed to find healers to work with in WZ's so I'm feeling like some of my talent is wasted without someone to gaurd.

So with Lvl 40 being the base what build has worked for you in PVP for a Vangaurd DPS build? What cell did you run with? What Lvl 40 armor did you use? I've stashed a set of Centurion gear already, but I do enough PVP that I could pretty easily stash a different set if it need be.

Thanks everyone!

try this spec. use ion cell. you can also tank or dps any flashpoint you want.

when you reach level 47, take out the 3 points in the middle tree and get storm.

Thanks! Always enjoy your input. Question for you, If you use Ion Cell then what's the advantage of Superheated Plasma? Not questioning your suggestion, just trying to understand the mechanics behind it.

Thanks! Always enjoy your input. Question for you, If you use Ion Cell then what's the advantage of Superheated Plasma? Not questioning your suggestion, just trying to understand the mechanics behind it.

Purely a prerequisite for high friction bolts.

If you're just looking for a fun DPS build I'd go with those 18 points in Assault and Tactics up to Gut rather than SS though and run in Plasma Cell. No wasted points this way and if you don't use Guard anyway Ion isn't all that useful.