How big is the 'tutorial' for Smugglers?

rouvio

hello folks,

Tho I per-ordered the game, I only just recently had time to finally sit down, play it and learn as much as I can. I truly begin to fall in love with this game, and I'm a veteran MMO player.

To make a long story short, I started a Smuggler character and started leveling up.

At one point I was sent out of the starting area ("ort something") to the big BIG area outside, with oh-so-many quests to do and to play. I almost forgot about the storyline quest to get my ship back..!

Now the question is this: am I out of the starters area for good?

Can I really begin to play now?

Is this what the game looks like once you finish your tutorial?

and most importantly - HOW do you know you've finished the tutorials?

Thank you all, and my apologies for not remembering names correctly.

The DB in this game is something beyond belief..

Thanks!

As a smuggler you're playing in the planet of Ord Mantell. The tutorial is truly "done" probably after Coruscant. However once you reached Fort Garnik (on Ord Mantell) , you've pretty much become acquainted with the game mechanics and everything that you're missing is not as important.

I only just recently had time to finally sit down, play it

Then welcome to the game! I hope you continue to enjoy it.

At one point I was sent out of the starting area ("ort something") to the big BIG area outside, with oh-so-many quests to do and to play. I almost forgot about the storyline quest to get my ship back..!

The planets only get bigger. :-)

There isn't really a "tutorial" area because as soon as you step out of the hangar on Ord Mantell you are in an area with lots of other player's characters running around. As another poster said above, once you reach Fort Garnik you should know the game systems. From there to level 50 is just "playing the game".

Have fun!

Thank you friends for a detailed reply!

once you reach Fort Garnik you should know the game systems. From there to level 50 is just "playing the game".

Have fun!

*exactly* how this is happening to me!

I'm now lvl19 with my ship and two 'pets', starting to discover the HUGE world of crafting, tiers and crits and such. When I think I mapped an entire 'planet', I come back to discover dozens of multiple layers and floors of mazes.

Amazing - it gets dipper as I go! :)