Tracer Missile Question

Screaming_Ziva

I've played a lot of PvP and constantly see Merc spamming their Tracer Missile. I'm a bit confused on how they're casting it so fast though. I'm playing my Merc now and with the 1.5 activation time, I'm not quite sure how people spam it in PvP. I looked over the skill trees and (unless I missed something) don't see anything to lower the activation time on it. What do I need to be doing to lower the activation time?

Stabilizers will reduce pushback which could help. Power Surge will get you one instant cast. Otherwise, it's just going to be stacking alacrity. I for one am very skeptical about stacking alacrity for DPS. By doing so your going to be taking a hit to your other stats. Although there are no hard numbers to look at, so you can give it a try and see what you think. If you do that though, make sure you take Terminal Velocity 2/2. Edited by Ciry

your just seeing things or have multiple people casting on you and its a trick of the mind. we've been casting it at 1.5 second per shot and theres nothing changed from it, unless your mistaken heat seeker missiles for tracer missiles since its 3 missiles at the same time. but no we're not casting it faster than 1.5 second per shot, and we just keep pressing the button over and over again to make sure it starts casting the exact moment we cast it

Well 1.5s apart isn't that much, but also keep in mind that by the time you get hit by the first tracer missile, the second one is already on it's way, because of the long trajectory animation. It may give an appearance that there is a missile in the air the whole time, because by the time you get hit by one, the next one has finished casting.

alacrity is a waste because of terminal velocity. if you reduce caste times lower than 1.5 sec you would have to caste at least three tracers before you could vent on a critical instead of only two tracers as the 8 vented heat can only occur every 3 seconds. to help me cast faster i set my queue time to 1 second so there is not delay between my casts.