SWTOR and portable hard drives

AnthonyMidnight

Heres a strange question I have.

In theory would it be possible to copy the SWTOR files and folders from my current PC to a portable hard drive to play on a laptop when I'm on the move? (assuming the laptop can play the game)

The files on your pc are the same one everybodys pc, the variable information like what gear you have on or how you spent your talent points is all saved server side so you can play from anywhere in the world potentially as long as you have your game disk.

The files on your pc are the same one everybodys pc, the variable information like what gear you have on or how you spent your talent points is all saved server side so you can play from anywhere in the world potentially as long as you have your game disk.
Well, that's not entirely true. Sometimes you would need to do extra things, like edit your registry, when trying to copy and paste a game, so it's often not as simple as just having it on your hard drive.

Thankfully this is not the case with SWTOR. You can copy and paste your "Star Wars - The Old Republic" folder and the game will run fine.

Hi there!

There are existing discussion threads regarding computer hardware which you may find very helpful:

You can also check out our General FAQs for information about minimum system specifications.

In the interest of consolidating discussion, we have closed this thread. Please use one of the topics linked above for further questions and discussion of hardware specifications. Thank you!