The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Eliminator vs supercommando

Romgaard

How does the +15% crit bonus for HIB compares vs +5% overall dmg boost from Supercommando?

Give me some math here:D

I have each set, 5/5 Champion, and have switched out the defensive Supercommando mods for crit/surge ones provided from various additional Eliminator/Combat Tech pieces.

The benefits vary greatly depending on which build you're running, but with a 4/6/31 I've noticed significantly higher damage numbers on the final statboard in WZs using the Eliminator set.

No math unfortunately, until the implementation of a Combat Log, everything is based on theory and opinion. The above is mine, based on experience.

EDIT - Obviously, you are tied to using Ion Cell when equipping the Supercommando set, whereas you are free to switch to Plasma Cell with Eliminator.

Edited by Peytona

I have never seen it proven if your guard target being out of range takes off the bonus or not. So I would think the answer to that would be quite important. Given that it is unknown, I'd advise going eliminator.

Supercommando is good for getting you protection numbers, though. People tend to attack the guy with the least hitpoints.

Hmm why not consider combat tech?

It gives the same stats as eliminator, but increases the stun duration of neural surge and reduces the cooldown on tenacity for the two piece set bonus. And increases the crit chance of stockstrike by 15% for the four piece.

Whereas the Eliminator only benefits you with increasing the crit chance of HIB by 15%

edit: did some research and combat tech gives a bit more power, and eliminator gives a bit more endurance

Edited by Shadowgrasp

Having just hit 50 I opened my 6 bags but no drops. Looking at the eliminator set, should I consider using it for pve as well? Centurion is a slight upgrade over my level 49 crafted blues. Also, does the set bonus apply if one uses different levels of gear, cent, champ, BM?

Bonus works across all tiers, at least according to tooltips. So you can combine Centurion and Champion pieces to get the bonus.

Eliminator is good for builds using HIB "machinegun" mechanic. It can be used with all builds, but the bonus is wasted on builds that do not spec for HIB cd reset.

Combat Tech is probably the most universal set for PVP, but until recently it was bugged. That's why I went with Eliminator first