Dual Spec, when should we expect it?

Selestian

I am curious when we can/should expect dual/multi-specing to be available? I play a class that has 2 viable specs and pve and pvp specs are also useful. I am wondering if this is something we can expect to see in the next 1.1.3 or will it be in 1.2 or not even then?

Multi-specs are a pretty big feature I think and if it's not going to be soon why not consider removing the over priced charges for multiple respecs in a week for now until we have a built in game feature to do it.

Be patient. Its a new game they need time. Whats the hurry just level an alt until then.

I already have 2 50s, 3 35+s. Not angry or anything just was curious what timeframe we were looking at.

Thanks for the information about 1.2 to the other posters.

How is switching advanced classes much more radical than a druid that could have a boomkin or bear spec? Or a paladin that could be dual specced heals/tank? Just because it's 'plate/heavy' or 'leather/light' armour doesn't mean it needs to be itemized the same way, and may as well just be different. We don't actually gain anything by agents and marauders both using medium armour for example. The whole system is built as it is for the sake of being built as it is, there's no real reason to bind yourself to it.

They could have just made every class have 6 specs, and accomplished the same thing they have now, without some of the bizarre effects of advanced classes (like having this super epic moment where you get your first lightsabre, and then 10 minutes later you're on the fleet, you click a button and get a bag with a double bladed lightsabre in it).

They made a conscious deliberate choice to copy blizzard's 3 specs 1 talent point per level after 10. None of which were particularly necessary choices on blizzards part, copying them didn't really add anything from BioWare, and if they want to differentiate themselves they really should stop thinking inside the 'copying WOTLK box'.

Having tri-spec (or n-spec), with AC respecing would be different, it would give you more versatility. There's nothing deeply wrong with that. It's not *necessary* but that doesn't mean it couldn't add fun. It might add tedium too, if people are expected to gear and spec the optimum spec for each fight, so there's a balance designing around it.

WoW is (correctly) doing away with talent trees entirely, so you don't have to have a 'pvp or pve' spec, and you can now fill two different roles, or the same role two different ways with dual spec. There are less complicated ways to accomplish the same thing, and BioWare would be well served to start thinking for themselves and not trying to follow blizzard.

How is switching advanced classes much more radical than a druid that could have a boomkin or bear spec? Or a paladin that could be dual specced heals/tank? Just because it's 'plate/heavy' or 'leather/light' armour doesn't mean it needs to be itemized the same way, and may as well just be different. We don't actually gain anything by agents and marauders both using medium armour for example. The whole system is built as it is for the sake of being built as it is, there's no real reason to bind yourself to it.

They could have just made every class have 6 specs, and accomplished the same thing they have now, without some of the bizarre effects of advanced classes (like having this super epic moment where you get your first lightsabre, and then 10 minutes later you're on the fleet, you click a button and get a bag with a double bladed lightsabre in it).

They made a conscious deliberate choice to copy blizzard's 3 specs 1 talent point per level after 10. None of which were particularly necessary choices on blizzards part, copying them didn't really add anything from BioWare, and if they want to differentiate themselves they really should stop thinking inside the 'copying WOTLK box'.

Having tri-spec (or n-spec), with AC respecing would be different, it would give you more versatility. There's nothing deeply wrong with that. It's not *necessary* but that doesn't mean it couldn't add fun. It might add tedium too, if people are expected to gear and spec the optimum spec for each fight, so there's a balance designing around it.

WoW is (correctly) doing away with talent trees entirely, so you don't have to have a 'pvp or pve' spec, and you can now fill two different roles, or the same role two different ways with dual spec. There are less complicated ways to accomplish the same thing, and BioWare would be well served to start thinking for themselves and not trying to follow blizzard.

The funny part is you think Blizzard invented that.

The funny part is you think Blizzard invented that.

And who would you say developed that system exactly as implemented in both WoW and SWTOR?

EQ had AA points, WoW had the 1 point per level past 10, 31 points to the top talent in a tree, 3 trees from 2004. D&D has always had a variant of points per level, but DAOC I don't seem to recall having specs the same way. Age of conan (which uses the same system) copied it from WoW the same way (and of course since BioWare hired some former Funcomm guys that might be where they got it from). UO was a skills system.

Just about every RPG has had some variant on earn points, spend them on things. I'm not disputing that. But unless some PnP RPG that I didn't play did this system I think Blizzard hit it first in 2004 when they released the game. Yes, they inverted the display of the trees but they are functionally unchanged.

So while I appreciate your helpful 'it's funny that you think that', I'd be interested to know who exactly did come up with it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.