Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

VoteKick coming 1.2

Cstain

I (hope) think they would implement it as a deserter debuff, if you don't attack one enemy on 30s you will be kicked out, or something like that.

But being realistic, bioware will make it just getting into combat, so spamming the buff will do the trick to stay. Or even worse, they will make it an autokick so people would be able to kick as they please.

I (hope) think they would implement it as a deserter debuff, if you don't attack one enemy on 30s you will be kicked out, or something like that.

So if for example you are guarding mid in battle for Alderaan, like I frequently do, and no-one attacks there for half the match (which frequently happens) then you are booted for not contributing, even though you have held a base between 2 people half the match?

So if for example you are guarding mid in battle for Alderaan, like I frequently do, and no-one attacks there for half the match (which frequently happens) then you are booted for not contributing, even though you have held a base between 2 people half the match?

Get ready because that is what is going to happen.

Well you would have to engage any enemy on that time (that would be leaving your base, but if the morons voted you down... screw them). Anyways i don't know how it would be implemented.

They'd be screwing their own team over by trying to vote kick you.

If a system like this can exist in WoW, which as a general rule had a shockingly immature pvper mentality and had the extra layer of anonymity thrown in by x server, and not get overly abused I'm pretty sure its safe here

On WoW it gives you some time (30s if i remember well) to attack another player and stay on the match.

But being realistic, bioware will make it just getting into combat, so spamming the buff will do the trick to stay. Or even worse, they will make it an autokick so people would be able to kick as they please.

They said that players being kicked will be given a debuff and not allowed to join for a few minutes.

They said that players being kicked will be given a debuff and not allowed to join for a few minutes.

That isn't what i meant (sorry for my bad english). I am speaking about what happens when you get "voted". I don't think they will be that retard to auto-kick you, because that would be really exploitable and would bring a lot of drama.

Instead, WoW system for votekicks is the best one i remember right now. Most games doesn't have that implemented =/