Control Scheme

SorrowLight

I never played MMO before and now I have trouble with controls.

I move with W and S plus Mouse for turning. Never touch A and D buttons.

During fight I have to mark the opponents with mouse and then using spells with Keybinding 1 to 10 with left hand.

Feels all very unnatural after FPS experience. During fight i have to move my hand from W and D for spells so I cannot move at that moment.

Any Tips on your control scheme??

Should I reassign A and D for Strafing? Spells activation on the Numpad with right hand?

Thank you

I never played MMO before and now I have trouble with controls.

I move with W and S plus Mouse for turning. Never touch A and D buttons.

During fight I have to mark the opponents with mouse and then using spells with Keybinding 1 to 10 with left hand.

Feels all very unnatural after FPS experience. During fight i have to move my hand from W and D for spells so I cannot move at that moment.

Any Tips on your control scheme??

Should I reassign A and D for Strafing? Spells activation on the Numpad with right hand?

Thank you

You may need or want to completely re-evaluate how you move, for the most effective motion in MMO's. For example:

- Break the habit of backing up. It'll be important later, when it's vital to get out of stuff that'll harm you as fast as possible.

- Strafing with A and D is great, but learn how to move using your mouse. This will allow you to move, turn, and click on items all with one hand, without ever removing it from the mouse, short of typing.

- Keybind your abilities to whatever set up most easily allows you to reach them with your left hand. I prefer to use 1-6, and ALT+1-6, for the spells and abilities I use most often. I can reach these all with one hand, I can cycle targets with TAB, and hit CTRL if I'm using something like Ventrilo. Other toolbar slots can be used for things that are not of critical importance and can thus be clicked on.

It's not easy getting used to a whole new system of movement. Kudos for realising that it's important. Once you get it, though, it'll feel very fluid, and you shouldn't have any problems.

Your choices are under Preferences. A and D are for moving right or left. Q and E are for strafing right or left. I chose Tab for targeting nearest enemy. And another key for the next target. Your keybinds are what you need to use and for changes. You can also choose auto-targeting.

I'd recommend starting by simply swapping Q-A and E-D, so that you have a WASD setup for movement just like the usual FPS. This is the first control setting I usually change in MMOs that use such a setup.

Most would use Q and E as additional hotkeys for abilities and look/turn only with the mouse, but do what feels best to you.