When a server goes down or I lose connection...

Darth_Solrac

I LOSE MY WHOLE GAME when I log onto another one to try to continue. ***? It doesn't know how to save? It saves whenever I quit, but sometimes I just lose connection. Usually I'm good, but does this mean I gotta try to play through knowing I can lose it ALL at ANY second?

Help appreciated, thanks.

This is an MMO. It is a persistant world. Unless you are talking about character creation, all data is saved whether you crash or log out. The ONLY exception would be a server crash / database rollback (which is very rare) and then you would only lose the last few seconds of whatever occured. There is no saving of anythingby you, except at the end of character creation when you enter the starter planet. I have no idea what you are talking about when you say you "lose everything." This does not happen in any MMO. Edited by Owsley

This is an MMO. It is a persistant world. Unless you are talking about character creation, all data is saved whether you crash or log out.

Then why when I log back onto the game does it make me choose an allegiance again & to make a whole new character?

My old character is nowhere to be found.......this can't just be happening to me......

Then why when I log back onto the game does it make me choose an allegiance again & to make a whole new character?

My old character is nowhere to be found.......this can't just be happening to me......

Did you choose the same server? Did you actually finish creating your character? I'm afraid to tell you it isn't happening to anyone else, not even to you.

Edited by Owsley

Do you know the name of the server your character is on? The server is where your character is "saved".

You need to go to the server that you created your character on. When you log in there should be some buttons on the far bottom left. One of them says Server Selection, click on that. Now sort the servers and click at the top where it says CHARACTERS click it once or twice until you see numbers pop up in this column. This is the number of characters you have created on that server. Click the server and open up your toon.

Edited by swtonewbie

Just create a random character. You'll then go back to character selection and find your old character. You'll then have another character wasting space, but better than losing your old one, right?

This happened to me once, I know it works.

Edited by ultimatesjk

Did you choose the same server? Did you actually finish creating your charater? I'm afraid to tell you it isn't happening, not even to you.

Well the whole server crashed, so it's gone, see it nowhere. I log onto another one figuring it's cool it's saved, just pick up whee I left off. But I have to start ALL over. Yes also, I was at LV 7 with my Inquisitor last time when it did it.

Edited by Darth_Solrac

Well the whole server crashed, so it's gone, see it nowhere. I log onto another one figuring it's cool it's saved.\, just pick up whee I left off. But I have to start ALL over. Yes also, I was at LV 7 with my Inquisitor last time when it did it.

What is the name of your server? your cant just go from one server to another and expect to see your same character on each one server. That one character will be saved on that specific server.

Also i just checked the server list and i see that all servers are up and running. Maybe yours just did a rolling restart.

Edited by swtonewbie

Well the whole server crashed, so it's gone, see it nowhere. I log onto another one figuring it's cool it's saved.\, just pick up whee I left off. But I have to start ALL over. Yes also, I was at LV 7 with my Inquisitor last time when it did it.

Well, if the whole server is gone, you may have lost your character, but I don't think that's possible. Anyway, it's only level 7. You haven't been playing for months working on it (not that it's not a problem- it would still suck to lose that character).

Well the whole server crashed, so it's gone, see it nowhere. I log onto another one figuring it's cool it's saved, just pick up whee I left off. But I have to start ALL over. Yes also, I was at LV 7 with my Inquisitor last time when it did it.

If you have a lvl 7 charater on a server and it crashed, it's there unless you deleted it or the server is not online yet. The only exception might be a wipe of the test server and I assume you were not playing on the test server.

Edited by Owsley

Do you know the name of the server your character is on? The server is where your character is "saved".

You need to go to the server that you created your character on. When you log in there should be some buttons on the far bottom left. One of them says Server Selection, click on that. Now sort the servers and click at the top where it says CHARACTERS click it once or twice until you see numbers pop up in this column. This is the number of characters you have created on that server. Click the server and open up your toon.

THANK YOU. That did it, didn't think to check that as I thought when it crashed it was taken off or something. Was also under the impression that I could just play with the same on any server if one crashed.

I see now, thanks to all of you.