Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Gunslinger or Scoundrel?

AngrySoviet

I already have a Mercenary, does this mean I should not go Gunslinger? They seem to be more or less the same thing, only the Gunslinger gets to use cover.

So far Scoundrel seems interesting but they are a pain in the *** to level.

Also, I am quite partial to space cowboy clothing, and Gunslingers seem to be the only spec that gets that kind of apparel :p

Depends on your playstyle, Scoundrel is more of a stealth and shoot you from behind type of class with the option to heal or avoid fights.

Gunslinger is more of a walk in and start a fight type of class. Gunslinger can either be a cover (sharpshooter), aoe bomber (saboteour), or blast and weave (dirtyfighting).

Scoundrel is just as easy to level as the slinger. If you want to see boringly painful to level try a Jedi Knight.

PVP part ...

1- i play as scoundrel at low lvl no chance 1v1 fight in duels and battle etc. easy leveling at every talent.

2- scoundrel is medium lvl see self with class special abilitys. nice duels and battles very close loses and good wins. still easy lvling

3- Scoundrel is over lvl you should know your enemys and their abilitys also u should use your all skills and to be your keyboard master :D u can be unbeatable :D for duels and battle games.

PVE part .

İf u know how to use your rotation and give dealt more and productive damage ( this class should be in top 3 ) also you wıll use a lot of skills and your keyboard buttons. we will see it when we have damage and combat addons vs.

i say again : scoundrel wants keyboard masters at two part (pve and pvp ) you need shortcurts, fast and unpain fingers :D and know your enemys .

if you dont have that abilitys dont play as scoundrels :D ... its gonna be pain for u.

Already leveled a scoundrel sawbones. Leveling a gunslinger now (currently lvl 38). In general, scoundrels are melee and gunslingers are ranged. I've had more fun with the slinger. I do miss the scoundrel's stealth ability but never liked the shotgun.

One caution about gunslingers. They have no medical skills. None. I strongly suggest doing Biochem, Bioanalysis and Diplomacy so you can make stims, implants, adrenals and medpacks. You can build some medpacks that heal you and your companion while in combat. These are invaluable at higher levels.

Edited by Ravenwhyte

Things I like about my Scoundrel:

- shotgun blast sound/snimation to kill enemies is fun

- can heal some heroics to get groups faster while questing

- CC and stealth make it easy to solo

I will admit the damage output feels a bit weak even without meters to prove it. Sometimes it is hard to get into melee range during flashpoints before the rest of the group has killed everything.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.