Define PvP 'kill' in this game

Astridd

'Kill' count is very important in current pvp setup, both in warzones and illum. So how is a 'kill' defined in this game? I think 'killing blow' is pretty obvious, but what is needed to score a 'kill' in the scoreboard, or in illum daily?

Do you only need to inflict more than x damage before the target is killed? What if the target is fully healed after that? What if y amount of time passed after the damage? How do they define 'kill'?

I would love to know this too actually. As a guardian tank, I usually just roll around in PvP trying to taunt, shield & interrupt. Occasionally I'll get a "kill"...even though I'm either: a) Already dead or b) On a toootaaaally different target that has tons o' health left.

A kill is actually a kill or assist. You don't even need to do damage to the target, you just have to be involved in the combat with the person that dies. You can check your combat indicator to see if you are in combat or not.

Buffing an ally who is in combat puts you into combat with whomever he was fighting.

Same with healing, protecting, guarding, etc.

Debuffing or damaging or CC'ing an enemy obviously puts you into combat with them. If they die while you are considered in combat with them, you get a kill. If you deliver the killing blow, you get a kill and a killing blow.

I would love to know this too actually. As a guardian tank, I usually just roll around in PvP trying to taunt, shield & interrupt. Occasionally I'll get a "kill"...even though I'm either: a) Already dead or b) On a toootaaaally different target that has tons o' health left.

in my experience you only get kill credit post-humously in wzs. if you die on Ilum you don't get kill credit for damage inflicted on targets who die after you.

A kill is actually a kill or assist. You don't even need to do damage to the target, you just have to be involved in the combat with the person that dies. You can check your combat indicator to see if you are in combat or not.

Buffing an ally who is in combat puts you into combat with whomever he was fighting.

Same with healing, protecting, guarding, etc.

Debuffing or damaging or CC'ing an enemy obviously puts you into combat with them. If they die while you are considered in combat with them, you get a kill. If you deliver the killing blow, you get a kill and a killing blow.

I'm not entirely convinced this is correct. As a healer, there are plenty of times I'll only get half the kills of others in WZs while my AoE taunt spamming friend gets 10 more than everybody else. It seems to only be people you damage and people who have damaged you that count as kills.

Edited by Teirdome

in my experience you only get kill credit post-humously in wzs. if you die on Ilum you don't get kill credit for damage inflicted on targets who die after you.

Ah, ok. Yeah, I haven't touched Illum yet because of the "broken" nature of it. I really don't feel like "kill swapping", etc. So yes, all of this is in Warzone. :D

Ah, ok. Yeah, I haven't touched Illum yet because of the "broken" nature of it. I really don't feel like "kill swapping", etc. So yes, all of this is in Warzone. :D

yeah ilum kinda sucks right now but on the bright side if you do your dailies that's 2 more bag of champion gear for ya. even more if you do your weeklies