What companion for pvp?

ACZedo

You can't have a companion out in Warzones or Ilum, so this is not a very important consideration.

That said, for world PvP before level 50, go with Risha. Corso and the Wookie aren't very useful (can't force enemy players to attack them) and you are a healer, so Guss isn't that helpful. You'll want to maximize the dps you are doing on the enemy player. I prefer Risha (ranged) to Akaavi (melee), but that's just me.

(This assumes that Risha is your best geared companion; if Corso, Akaavi, etc. vastly outgear her, then go with them).

• 2 weeks later...
You can't have a companion out in Warzones or Ilum, so this is not a very important consideration.

That said, for world PvP before level 50, go with Risha. Corso and the Wookie aren't very useful (can't force enemy players to attack them) and you are a healer, so Guss isn't that helpful. You'll want to maximize the dps you are doing on the enemy player. I prefer Risha (ranged) to Akaavi (melee), but that's just me.

(This assumes that Risha is your best geared companion; if Corso, Akaavi, etc. vastly outgear her, then go with them).

You can't force players to attack you, but you can force companions in Contested Area PvP. Changing the fight from player and pet beating on you to just player can save your life, particularly if it's a DPS pet vs. your tank pet.

Then again, that's a lot of forethought into impromptu landscape matchups. :p

Edited by Mad_Bombardier