Why is PvE gear better for PvP?

coerCez

I would like to know if anybody else noticed this. I am in full Champion gear and it seems like even with 0 Expertise, wearing close to full columni gear with Rakata Implants etc. seems to increase my DMG by quite a lot then just wearing full champion gear. Also, there is so much more endurance that is on the PvE gear, which I have no idea why since Endurance should be primarily a PvP stat...

Some people argue that not wearing expertise is worse since you do more dmg against players as well as receive less. However, by going strictly PvE route my dmg against equally geared Champ Marauders on my server is significantly more and I have much more hit points than them.

I feel like BW should put more Endurance on PvP gear as well as increasing the effectiveness of Expertise. Something like 20% expertise in full BM gear should be the cap instead of 13%.

PvP gear is just a mistake period. Stats that make you better in PvP only are basically bringing a PvE element into PvP, more than just the gear alone already does.

The thing is that expertise gives you a damage increase and damage reduction in PvP only. I am not convinced of your assesment that it is worse in PvP than comparable PvE gear.

Maybe you were just unlucky? It's hard to say without actual numbers that can support such an opinion.

You need less HP when you have more damage reduction in PvP. Your comment that Endurance is a PvP stat is completely ridiculous. HM bosses can do a lot of damage, so Endurance is very much a PvE stat.

If you have 15k hit points or 13.5k hp with 10% damage reduction makes no difference in PvP by itself. It's the combination of the two. PvP damage isn't balanced as such because you do not know how many people will be doing damage on you. In PvE, the amount of opponents is set. In PvP, even with even teams, you don't know how many people will target you. It's more random.

What would be interesting to see is howmuch effect expertise factually has and then compare it to PvE armour once you know that.

I am kind of with the OP on this one. I have full Columi gear (actually a mix now of Columi and Rakahta) for my PvE set. I have much more health, more bonus dmg, more crit and surge etc. I put on my champion set and loose bonus dmg, loose crit/surge, and loose health but have the expertise stat. People tell me that the expertise stat will make up the difference that I loose between the PvE gear and the PvP gear but I am not really sold. Ok so I do 10% more dmg, do 10% more healing, and take 10% less dmg. But I loose about 100 bonus dmg, 10% crit, and close to 2k health wearing PvP gear. So does it equal out? I am not sure.

I have used full PvP gear and did ok. Used full PvE gear and actually did more dmg and honestly could not really tell if I died faster without expertise. What I have been doing lately though is a bit of mix and match. PvP implants, bracers, earpiece, and 2 or 3 pieces of champ gear and the rest my rakahta/columi stuff. Still loose health but not as much as going pure PvP gear vrs PvE gear. Still loose bonus dmg but just under half as much as when I was in full PvP. Actually gain more crit. So right now seems like a mix and match of PvP and PvE is giving me my best performance. My dmg is higher (still not as high as in pure PvE gear), my health level is acceptable (before I lost too much in PvP gear vrs PvE). Just not sure. Still collecting commendations and getting PvP gear to have but have gotten a few pieces now that I don't use because my stats drop too much from PvE to PvP.

I signed in while reading up on the forums at work JUST to post a reply to this thread.

I noticed this as well. i have champion everything except weapon, offhand, and 1 relic (but have centurion versions). i have full columi with a couple pieces of rakata and have the same issue. I lose a lot of hp and notice a big difference in my damage and kill numbers when i equip pvp gear for wz's. i'd have to go over my screenshots tonight (i screenshot every wz scoreboard for my own purposes) but normally i get about 50 kills and about 400k dmg in pve gear and get about 40 kills and about 300k dmg in pvp gear.

I'll go over my screenies tonight and verify all data i have collected (although it was noticable even without screenshots) and post some of my results later but i'm agreeing with OP on this one.

your measurement is off, rakatta is comparable to battle master, champion is comparable to columi. If you have a mixture, your not comparing it right.

The other thing is the gears you get from these things, has stats decided for you. You think the stats suck because you dont like them, there are playstyles that may prefer them. Also keep in mind you can change mods and enhancements.

that said, without expertise, rakkatta would definately be best, with it, i think battlemaster wins in pvp, the difference in stats between bm and rakatta doesnt seem large enough to equal the bonus dmg and defence from expertise.

but who knows until you do the math. with the scaling though, it would definately seem like you would get more dmg from expertise versus primary stat, now endurance versus expertise, simply if you get a little more than 11% more hp, then it is better defensively

your measurement is off, rakatta is comparable to battle master, champion is comparable to columi. If you have a mixture, your not comparing it right.

The other thing is the gears you get from these things, has stats decided for you. You think the stats suck because you dont like them, there are playstyles that may prefer them. Also keep in mind you can change mods and enhancements.

that said, without expertise, rakkatta would definately be best, with it, i think battlemaster wins in pvp, the difference in stats between bm and rakatta doesnt seem large enough to equal the bonus dmg and defence from expertise.

but who knows until you do the math. with the scaling though, it would definately seem like you would get more dmg from expertise versus primary stat, now endurance versus expertise, simply if you get a little more than 11% more hp, then it is better defensively

I am sorry but this is not the case. There are plenty of BMs on my server that wear very little BM pieces, to not get DRs on stats by wearing full PvE Gear. I have talked to a few and they confirm that wearing mostly Rakata/Columni gear is far superior to wearing full BM for PvP which is absurd.

It sort of used to be that pvp gear existed so that you didnt have to pve to be good at pvp. So pvp gear was designed to be equal to the same "tier" of pve gear for pvp purposes. Somewhere along the lines that got thrown out the window and it all just became a separate gear grind.