I have done Zero pvp

Herblaw

This thread will be a few dumb questions about being straight PvE and a Marauder.

1.Should I roll something else,even though i highly enjoy my marauder for PvE.

2.Anyone who does HM fp's/Ops let me know how hard it is to find a group.

3.If I reroll my marauder on a bigger server what is a good one that has plenty of population?

4.I love cookie.

This thread will be a few dumb questions about being straight PvE and a Marauder.

1.Should I roll something else,even though i highly enjoy my marauder for PvE.

Not unless you stop enjoying it.

2.Anyone who does HM fp's/Ops let me know how hard it is to find a group.

It's not hard at all...at least, not harder than finding a group as any other dps spec. Possibly even easier since we don't share many gearing options with other classes, so we don't compete with a lot of people

Not unless you stop enjoying it.

It's not hard at all...at least, not harder than finding a group as any other dps spec. Possibly even easier since we don't share many gearing options with other classes, so we don't compete with a lot of people

The Dead server thing with there not being many marauders on my server all I see if the "Marauders suck" In general there are not enough of us to prove otherwise and me being lvl 47 not yet high enough of a level to prove otherwise 90% of my server already thinks that we are bad so it will be that much harder haha

I've seen a lot of poorly played marauders. It's rough seeing people giving this class a bad rep. I'm a firm believer though, that doing well and performing beyond people's expectations will get you on their friends list and invitations to other HMs and OPs.

Haters will laugh at what I'm about to say, but Marauders are a subtle beast.

Most people think we just jump in and mash one button until somethings dead. This couldn't be further from the truth.

Kibaken's guide really opens your eyes as to the proper application of death to targets.

If you're passionate about maximizing your damage you'll realize that everything in that guide is geared to getting you into the mindset of setting up your priority system. Following that, is managing your Rage. Following that, is managing your agro. Following that, is managing interrupts, Fury abilities, other fight specific things. It gets complicated very quickly.

I've been in groups with 2 other Marauders and a Healer and while the healer had their work cut out for them, we did just fine.

understanding the strengths and limitations of the class, you can make groups like the one listed above work quite well. Setting up Kill orders, CC'ing where able, designating one person to protect the healer while the other two burn down targets, etc.

There's a lot of complexity to the class, Unfortunately, Using Battering Assault and Assault to build up to 4 spams of Vicious Slash is really all some people see players of this class able to do.

I've seen a lot of poorly played marauders. It's rough seeing people giving this class a bad rep. I'm a firm believer though, that doing well and performing beyond people's expectations will get you on their friends list and invitations to other HMs and OPs.

Haters will laugh at what I'm about to say, but Marauders are a subtle beast.

Most people think we just jump in and mash one button until somethings dead. This couldn't be further from the truth.

Kibaken's guide really opens your eyes as to the proper application of death to targets.

If you're passionate about maximizing your damage you'll realize that everything in that guide is geared to getting you into the mindset of setting up your priority system. Following that, is managing your Rage. Following that, is managing your agro. Following that, is managing interrupts, Fury abilities, other fight specific things. It gets complicated very quickly.

I've been in groups with 2 other Marauders and a Healer and while the healer had their work cut out for them, we did just fine.

understanding the strengths and limitations of the class, you can make groups like the one listed above work quite well. Setting up Kill orders, CC'ing where able, designating one person to protect the healer while the other two burn down targets, etc.

There's a lot of complexity to the class, Unfortunately, Using Battering Assault and Assault to build up to 4 spams of Vicious Slash is really all some people see players of this class able to do.

Except we have zero PvE CC...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH WAIT I FORGOT WE CAN CC DROIDS!

Edit: Yeah I already did my read through of kiba's guide more then once

Edited by Herblaw