Problem with Gunslinger

Blankchild

I have a lot of fun when gunslingers shoot me in the face. I run up, knock them back out of cover, and watch them freak out because they don't know what to do.

Same thing with interrupting Tracer Missile/Grav Round.

I love melee on my sniper.

Use my stun to bait your CC break, knock you back, ignore you for 4 seconds, and then leg shot you and ignore you for 5 seconds, ambush knockback after your resolve bar ends. Oh saber ward, flash bang. Wait for that to end, finish it.

I have a lot of fun when gunslingers shoot me in the face. I run up, knock them back out of cover, and watch them freak out because they don't know what to do.

Where you meet those snipers? The ones I meet are usually back in cover before my GCD from knockback ends... Snipers are fine, they just need to tune the cover mechanic so that it's not possible for them to enter cover when there's two melee nuking their a** and then shoot them to face point blank with 2 sec long casts that ignore pushback, interrupts and facing (ie. you can't run behind them to interrupt the cast)

and then shoot them to face point blank with 2 sec long casts that ignore pushback, interrupts and facing (ie. you can't run behind them to interrupt the cast)

Yeah, you should be forced to remain facing one direction when in cover. It's too easy to jump in and out of cover for it to ignore facing like that.

Yeah, you should be forced to remain facing one direction when in cover. It's too easy to jump in and out of cover for it to ignore facing like that.

Not in a million years. Hell not even in 2 million years.

It would be the upmost worst possible nerf to sniper/slinger. Any competent melee would be able to stay behind them almost indefinitely. I know my shadow and scoundrel(who already tears them to shreds) would.

Being locked into a facing are you freaking nuts?

I mean sure a face requirement but you'd have to let snipers turn in cover. Locking them into one facing would be beyond detrimental.

Not in a million years. Hell not even in 2 million years.

It would be the upmost worst possible nerf to sniper/slinger. Any competent melee would be able to stay behind them almost indefinitely. I know my shadow and scoundrel(who already tears them to shreds) would.

Being locked into a facing are you freaking nuts?

I mean sure a face requirement but you'd have to let snipers turn in cover. Locking them into one facing would be beyond detrimental.

Almost every other class has stringent positional requirements. Why shouldn't snipers?

Almost every other class has stringent positional requirements. Why shouldn't snipers?

180 Degrees, strict my ***. I have a 50 Commando, a 50 Scoundrel, and a 46 sniper. This game has 2 facings, Front and Rear. Those are the only 2 positional requirements in the game, and the only 2 positions available. In the game's eyes you are either in front of your target, or behind.

Ill put it this way, imagine you're playing a Gunnery commando(aka grav round).

You first have to activate turret mode to do your worthwhile abilities. This mode makes it so you can shoot in a 180 degree firing arc. You cannot turn while in this mode. So while you're casting Grav round(1.5 seconds), the target moves behind you. Depending on how its implemented, it either puts up red letters "You must be facing your target" and doesn't go off or it goes off and the second time you cast it you get the facing your target message. You have to leave turret mode, turn around and then go back into turret mode. The melee does it again, and again, and again.

That is beyond clunky for any class.

180 Degrees, strict my ***. I have a 50 Commando, a 50 Scoundrel, and a 46 sniper. This game has 2 facings, Front and Rear. Those are the only 2 positional requirements in the game, and the only 2 positions available. In the game's eyes you are either in front of your target, or behind.

Ill put it this way, imagine you're playing a Gunnery commando(aka grav round).

You first have to activate turret mode to do your worthwhile abilities. This mode makes it so you can shoot in a 180 degree firing arc. You cannot turn while in this mode. So while you're casting Grav round(1.5 seconds), the target moves behind you. Depending on how its implemented, it either puts up red letters "You must be facing your target" and doesn't go off or it goes off and the second time you cast it you get the facing your target message. You have to leave turret mode, turn around and then go back into turret mode. The melee does it again, and again, and again.

That is beyond clunky for any class.

I wasn't aware being rooted, facing one direction, eliminated 180 degree coverage.

My bad. Oh wait.

You can leave cover at ANY TIME and reposition yourself. If cover had a cooldown on it I could understand. But you can essentially leapfrog back and forth from cover. I've watched decent snipers do it.