The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Master Jun Seros Fight on Correllia

KangasCollective

I'm doing this fight as a Dps traited Powertech. ("run n gun" hybrid pvp build of middle and pyro tree)

I was probably a bit impatient with initial encounter last night because I want to unlock pvp dailies at end of class quest.

I'm sure I'll get it but first several attempts have failed with me doing mostly melee dps and mako as healer. Mako is geared mostly from quest rewards, no special attention. I'm taking this as a challenge. I relish any hard fight because it makes me learn how to better use skills together.

I need to mostly stay on him with strong melee dps I have but probably should kite him some and do rail shots. I liked staying on him to shut down his skills with interrupts but that tactic is still getting me burnt down pretty badly. Will bring a nicer medpack and an endurance stim tonight.

Is there anything he does that I should absolutely interrupt or absolutely stay away from?

I beat him with a 31 Pyro build on the first try, but it was a super tough fight.

I used a health pot and literally had 600 health left.

His stuns and burst were a pita.

Loved the fight though, probably the toughest elite I faced while leveling.

Edited by crunchybacon

OK, thanks. I went back and killed him first try.

The reason is kind of facepalm. I don't know how many levels it's been but I made 2 key adjustments to Mako.

1. Mako wasn't in heal stance. She wasn't in any stance. :( "Med Watch" of course gives her 25% faster cooldowns on all healing skills and 5% better heals.

Only consolation is maybe I can pat myself on the back for doing without it. Nah... facepalm.

For anyone this wasn't entirely obvious to, just bring up her large menu of skills and click the square on the bottom of the icon to light it up. This keeps her healing stance on.

2. Turned off her "Electro-Stasis". Really that's one that most Powertechs keep off and only trigger manually. I haven't minded the way she's used it because it hasn't made a huge difference mostly. Things die quickly and if she's got one stasis'd I move to another.

To do this right click the green square to unlight it so she stops using that skill. There are early reports she forgets these settings but so far it seems to remember them.

But when you really really want her to heal and not waste time and energy trying to stasis a mob that can't even be CCd its probably better to have it off. Maybe she's smart enough not to use it though.

Dps rotation (I'm Run-and-Gun: 1/22/18 - Thanks Taugrim)

I also took a couple unnecessary skills out of rotation and really focused down on dps for my build.

So I went into a more focused dps rotation on this boss.

Rapid shots in between for the combustible gas cylinder dots (and heat venting)

Indindiary missile when I need a dot -> rail shot -> rocket punch/flame burst to get a free rail shot -> rail shot, Less Unloads, less Retractable Blades, less other random skills thrown in. Actually focused less on staying near and interrupting him due to his nasty melee stuff.

Edited by KangasCollective

This fight was hell on a bodyguard, actually the bonus was. The stupid little strong mobs that full heal between the bodyguard awesome 30 sec interrupt made that retarded. Once you get past that I found the only way to kill him was to just heal my pet and let him tank, but you have to heal at max distance otherwise your caught in his stuns as well. The max distance is key, once you get to that place you can just heal your pet thru the dmg, which isn't very much. Fight just takes a long time. Edited by Paralassa
content