Crew Skills need more personal interaction! (let us play the game)

DjDouglas

I LOVE the Game overall however...

I am extremely dissatisfied with the crew skills and the way missions work out. Essentially I would like more personal hobbies like Archeology. I am at the point in the game to where I have done most if not all the missions available that are worth doing. My Class missions are over and pretty much all I have left is crafting. I chose Artifice for crafting which uses Archeology and Treasure Hunting. I like harvesting in MMO's however the only harvesting I have available to me at this point is Archeology. I have collected all that I need for making items with Archeology. Now I am forced to use my crew for Treasure hunting. This is boring, pointless, and way too costly. I would prefer to have the ability to harvest Treasure on my own. As a crafting skill in an MMO, at least for me this is a major fail as it does not allow me the player a chance to participate in this skill. I would like the opportunity to go out on treasure hunting missions, To follow clues and to find what is at the end of the search. It would be cool to have boxes much like slicing boxes available to find for Treasure hunters that allow us chances at finding gems, lockboxes, and companion gifts. I posted another thread that there are not enough gemstone missions being available. I understand the list is updated in time however those updates do not add more gemstone missions. At this point Treasure hunting is a joke and as for a skill that I have spent a lot of time and credits in building I would rather quit the game rather than rebuild another worthless skill that forces me to send my companions out as opposed to harvesting or working the skill myself. I don’t like games that force me to sit in my ship or at the fleet and wait for crews to come back with items. I want to go out and obtain them myself! I am not planning on quitting the game though. I would just like to see some more love and attention placed on skills and crafting as for a lot of us maxed out players dont always focus on PVP and Flashpoints.

I am not suggesting to drop the Crew gathering. I would just like to have a system that I as a player can be more involved with and harvest on my own should I choose.

Edited by DjDouglas

One other thing,

I would love to see a farming option in this game. Star Wars Galaxies had Farming and Mining and I use to spend hours on the game PreCU before they killed its fun. Lord of The Rings online let you farm and gather resources for crafting. Although they were set in specific places. SWG allowed you to place mines and farms around rich spots which required you to survey before you planted your equipment. It would be cool of SWTOR could implement mining and farming like that.