I increased my dps significantly Sent/Mara

Lightzzoutt

First time MMO endgamer full champ minus 2 pieces/ 50 Sentinel watchmen spec

I averaged 150k-250k a match but now that I've attached myself to attacking healers and fellow med armor users I've gone to 200k-315k damage a match.

Still don't think i'm great but doing a lot better. Just wanted to throw this tip out for fellow sents.

Find the healer, own it. help clear other enemies. Repeat.

First time MMO endgamer full champ minus 2 pieces/ 50 Sentinel watchmen spec

I averaged 150k-250k a match but now that I've attached myself to attacking healers and fellow med armor users I've gone to 200k-315k damage a match.

Still don't think i'm great but doing a lot better. Just wanted to throw this tip out for fellow sents.

Find the healer, own it. help clear other enemies. Repeat.

Attacking a target that heals himself = More damage? Noo way!! /sarcasm

PS: Try and attack a tank that is getting healed, I bet you get 500k without any problem than...

Attacking a target that heals himself = More damage? Noo way!! /sarcasm

PS: Try and attack a tank that is getting healed, I bet you get 500k without any problem than...

No need for sarcasam. I just don't think this class is under-powered and if will all just contribute little helpful hints we will all get better. sorry i'm not l33t as you bro

No need for sarcasam. I just don't think this class is under-powered and if will all just contribute little helpful hints we will all get better. sorry i'm not l33t as you bro

I am sorry, but a good sentinel will have lower damage and more kills, as you should kill your targets much quicker thaan they can heal them self.

If you want to go all the way for the damage, then go into a warzone where there are 2 healers healing each other at all time. You will easy brake 500k damage this way.

So yeah it all about DPS not DD...

I am sorry, but a good sentinel will have lower damage and more kills, as you should kill your targets much quicker thaan they can heal them self.

If you want to go all the way for the damage, then go into a warzone where there are 2 healers healing each other at all time. You will easy brake 500k damage this way.

So yeah it all about DPS not DD...

I'm not going strictly for damage. Once the healer goes the rest of the chain breaks apart. Sents are amazing I take healers out in like 15 seconds. Than quickly team kill the others a capture a node. I'm just saying it increases my ameplay by owning the healer first and foremost.

I was merely trying to help other sents looking to increase theirs aswell. You obviously already know this so you should also be helping your fellow sents

I'm not going strictly for damage. Once the healer goes the rest of the chain breaks apart. Sents are amazing I take healers out in like 15 seconds. Than quickly team kill the others a capture a node. I'm just saying it increases my ameplay by owning the healer first and foremost.

I was merely trying to help other sents looking to increase theirs aswell. You obviously already know this so you should also be helping your fellow sents

Yeah, I am gona say sorry for acting like a troll... It just that there are so many blindly telling people to do this to do that just becasue they can do 500k or somthing damage.

And it aint realy the sent role, as we should pretty much take down players in seconds...

But yeah, keep the discussion going...

Edited by OldxLady

If you are a good watchman sent then the healer should not be able to heal himself before you kill him unless he is getting cross heals from someone else.

I'm amazed how some people claim they can take down a healer that quickly. You must be playing against some awful healers because the healers I face on my server are almost impossible to take down solo. Most of the healers I face are BM and you can not take them down solo. You must be very lucky playing against under geared or weak players.

If you are actually fighting BM healers and solo killing them before he actually gets a heal off then fraps and prove it. That's the only way I will believe you.

Getting down good geared up healer is not easy. And yes, it is main sentinel role in group, specially if you are watchman with talented interrupt. And even if you can't get healer down fast, you shall make sure he is too busy healing himself instead of keeping his team up.

And it is not about damage statistics, it is about your role in group. Every now and then you can test your damage just to know what works and what not, but normally you shall play for objectives.

As a sentinel you can't kill a guarded healer, even non guarded merc can be a challenge.

What you can do, however, is interrupting them indefinitely. If your team is ****, sometimes it's worth it. If your team is good though, you should CC a healer and focus something else.

Anyways. You didn't increase your dps, you've increased your total damage per wz. It doesn't matter at all and 300k is not much anyways. If you're going for top damage, you should be getting 400k+.

I always go on healers as a matter of priority. I learn their names, and invent little pet names for them.

I learn to recognise what they look like, so I can easily spot and swap to them. I'm pretty sure they learn to recognise me as well.

Well geared healers take a while to go down, but unless they have help (cross heals or guards) then they WILL go down. Sooner or later.

Even if it takes ages to kill them, if you are on them they are not healing at maximum output, or any where near it. And they are usually concentrating on staying alive too much to be able to help out their team mates. Either way it's a win win situation.

I do not do it to "maximise" my damage. I do it to stop them healing so we win.

I usually focus on healers cause, in my experience, if you take out the healers the rest of the group starts to fall apart. At the very least the healers begin healing themselves instead of others which still helps out my team.

The other tactic I have began using is just sticking to a healer on my team and fending off anyone who attempts to kill him/her. We kind of build a symbiotic relationship as I keep him alive and he keeps me alive. I find this works great in the defensive of turrets or doors

I'm sure this might be common knowledge for many of you, just adding my 2 cents