BiS Earpiece and Implants?

Wikkid

I haven't worried to much about min/maxing all of my gear, but I'm curious what other people are using for Earpiece and Implants for Mercenary PVE DPS. I'm currently using critically crafted pieces (forget which earpiece, but Expert Reflex implants) with +28 aim.

I haven't worried to much about min/maxing all of my gear, but I'm curious what other people are using for Earpiece and Implants for Mercenary PVE DPS. I'm currently using critically crafted pieces (forget which earpiece, but Expert Reflex implants) with +28 aim.

I can tell you now at 28 aim that is nowhere near BIS. Mine is a green and has over 50 aim with crit and accuracy and endurance. I'll be RE'ing I can imagine much higher numbers especially when I crit the aug version.

Close....Best in Slot

The Best Ear and Implants are all Crafted Columi with an Augment Slot. The are slightly better than the Rakata versions IMO. The Columi w/ Augment will have a slightly higher Aim stat, and maybe a slightly lower Crit or something, can't remember the exact difference right now. But I have a both a Rakata and Columi/Augment earpiece and I use Columi.

To Craft the Columi stuff, they looted a rare schematic in an Op, looted the Biometric Crystals (easier but still semi rare) and then crafted and got a Crit. There are tons of people who can use these items so there won't be many for sale on the galactic trade. If they are, expect them to be the most expensive items for sale, at around 500k-1mil.

Your more likely scenario is to do daily quests on ilum and belsavis, save up 120 daily commendations, and buy the Rakata Ear/Implant from the vendor on ilum. These have huge bonuses and can be bought after doing dailies for a week or so.

Edited by DarthBloodloss

Rakata ones from the dailies.

Really? I actually replaced mine after I got Columni because of the 50+ Alacrity in it. I went with a Mastercrafted power/crit/surge one and put a +28 end Aug to make up the hp loss.

All that alacrity was making me explode.

Rakata ones from the dailies.

Columi (with Augment):

80 AIM +28 = 108 AIM

93 END

48 ACC

48 POW

Rakata:

85 AIM +0 = 85 AIM

98 END

51 ACC

51 CRIT

23 More Aim. Columi = Better.

Really? I actually replaced mine after I got Columni because of the 50+ Alacrity in it. I went with a Mastercrafted power/crit/surge one and put a +28 end Aug to make up the hp loss.

There's ones with accuracy instead of alacrity.

Edited by DarthBloodloss

There's ones with accuracy instead of alacrity.

To late, I like to close my eyes and click on things , it makes for more surprises :)

Actually I purchased it 3 to 4 weeks ago before had a 100% grasp of what affects what on a Mercenary. I could make a ticket like everyone else! I clicked the wrong thing!!! Ok maybe not…..

Edited by Brakner

It depends on what your stacking, but most people don't like alacrity because it just makes you burn through your energy/mana/heat faster rather than just making you hit harder.

The Rakata one is definitely a lot easier to get. The columi schematic is a rare drop from operations. But you can get a Rakata one by doing dailies for 5 days (25 per day x 5 days)

I just use the 2x rakata daily implants...

As ears go I use the crit crafted ones... I cant remember what the prefix and suffix were but it was the crit ones of hawkeye I think

They have:

50AIM

60 ACC

40POW

25 Crit

40-50 surge

then +28 aim in aug

Since the rakata ones don't have any power 78aim + 40 power is greater then what 105 aim?

and they are a lot easier to get then the Columi ones

warning: going off top of head on stats might be wrong somewhere but over all concept remains true