Relic Question

Rejectoo

Powerr and a few others on here I respect your tanking knowledge so I wanted to pose this question.

Last Night in Normal Mode Ops (Hate Auto Assign Loot) I was assigned the 72end procing 208 damage relic. (should have gone to a DPS but Auto Assigned sucks)

At the time I have the tanking Procing relic already and Columi tanking relic with 355 def clicky

Here is the question I am thinking that the loss of the 2nd stat and the clicky on the Columi Tanking relic might be worth it for a little extra DPS to help hold aggro. Has it is now unless there is healer issues or they are picking up a wayward DPS(IE died) I hardly click on the relic. The Tank Procing relic is nice and would love 2 of them but BW made it so you can not use 2.

What are you guy's thoughts?

Just for information on my toon gear wise. I am full Rakata/Columi

Edited by Rejectoo

I am well am curious about this, and how about the 77 end / power clicky relic, how would you weigh this in a tanks build? or even the end/power shield/absorb clicky given that def overall isnt that great for us anyways?

Curiosity made me ask I have far to many relics and seems like I keep getting them and do not know what to do with them all.

No Relic slots on pets guess that makes them vendor bait.

On my tank, I use both the Shield/Abs relic and the Defense relic. The reasons for this are rather simple: I get a constant increase to my DPS and threat thanks to the power on them, less Endurance (since that's pretty much wasted itemization as far as I'm concerned), and an additional pair of survivability CDs. I've heard of some tanks using the DPS relics since they like the higher Endurance and enjoy the fact that the DPS relic uses amount to 171% of the Power provided by the tanking relics (assuming you use the use on CD), though, I see it as getting more use out of 2/3rds of the relic (Endurance, Power, and use; the Endurance is functionally useless but the Power and use are useful) as opposed to use out of only half of it (Endurance and use; only the use is useful).

On my tank, I use both the Shield/Abs relic and the Defense relic. The reasons for this are rather simple: I get a constant increase to my DPS and threat thanks to the power on them, less Endurance (since that's pretty much wasted itemization as far as I'm concerned), and an additional pair of survivability CDs. I've heard of some tanks using the DPS relics since they like the higher Endurance and enjoy the fact that the DPS relic uses amount to 171% of the Power provided by the tanking relics (assuming you use the use on CD), though, I see it as getting more use out of 2/3rds of the relic (Endurance, Power, and use; the Endurance is functionally useless but the Power and use are useful) as opposed to use out of only half of it (Endurance and use; only the use is useful).

I have the absorb relic procing one. Last Night I got the 208 DPS proc relic. They both proc a lot. That is why I am thinking of dropping the def relic.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.