The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PvE version of CP

NYSelly

I was looking at a modified version of the CP build for PvE and moved some points out of abilities that had a PvP focus. The goal of this spec was to have something that I could use as either a MT or DPS depending on the slot I was filling in a group. I would swap between shield/abs gear to a crit/surge set and ion to CGC depending on my role in the group.

Obviously there are wasted points in this build and a straight ST or Pyro spec would be best in a tank or dps slot respectively, but I jsut wanted to get some thoughts on the choices made within this spec.

In Pyro:

2 pts in Bursting Flame so that when running CGC I would have a relatively high chance of it procing since its a main spammable part of the rotation. For PvE I didn't see a real benefit of putting those points into the snare effect, the CC removal or the heat vent on CC.

In ST:

Took the points out of the snare and grapple root since they are more useful for PvP then PvE. Put 2 in rebraced armor since putting two there has a larger effect on overall mitigation then putting them in ablative upgrades or shield vents.

In AP:

Put two pts in Puncture. Would it be better to put these two points in ST Flame Surge for the RP/FS crit bonus? This was my biggest question since both skills are main parts of the rotation in either role and neither skill is dependent on the cylinder running. The best answer probably depends on whether or not I would be tanking or DPSing more often, but I went with RS because it results in a larger potential increase in the skill damage (1k+ for RS vs ~300 for RP).

Does anyone have suggestions on different point allocations within the scope of this spec? Thanks!

Edited by NYSelly