Armortech crew skill question

cIear

What lvl armortech do you need to be to craft your first orange gear item?

Not sure about armortech but my synthweaver got an orange schematic drop that is for lvl 15 gear, so whatever crafting skill level is in that range (Tier 2?) would be me guess. The biggest issue is finding the schematics. They are pretty rare. My problem is that my schematic is for a smuggler and I'm Imperial. Totally worthless. :( I have no idea why cross faction schematics are even in the game. Devs are having a laugh.

Edited by Owsley

Not sure about armortech but my synthweaver got an orange schematic drop that is for lvl 15 gear, so whatever crafting skill level is in that range (Tier 2?) would be me guess. The biggest issue is finding the schematics. They are pretty rare. My problem is that my schematic is for a smuggler and I'm Imperial. Totally worthless. :( I have no idea why cross faction schematics are even in the game. Devs are having a laugh.

intersting. lol yea that is kind of a laugh to have a schematic from another faction. how do you determine tiers by the way? how and where did you find that schematic and when? Is it possible to buy the schematic from the GTN? what is your synthweaving lvl at right now? for ex: 45/400?

Tiers/Grades are 1-6. As you level your skills more, you'll notice in the top right corner of you companion mission list will be a dropdown. It'll let you choose which grade of item you want to hunt for. The more you level, the more tiers become available

Schematics can be from drops or come from companion missions. I believe you can buy them on the GTN because they're not bound to you at all.

You may get other faction recipes from time to time, but if you go to Nar Shadda, that GTN is a cross-faction GTN. Allows you to craft the item and sell it for the opposing team or simply sell the recipe.

Orange gear can vary, some of the plain looking orange gear can be had at lower levels, while others require you to have max 400/400 armormech or synthweave. I get mine through underworld trading since that is what is recommended with armormech and synthweaving. And you have a chance to get it from any tier UT mission.

I cant remember if the orange schematics come from the companion gifts missions or the metal/cloth missions. If the metal/cloth missions are up i send my comps to work the mission and if an inexpensive gift mission is available i send my remaining comps on those to help level my UT skill.