The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PvE Powertech Pyro Stats

JDTC

sup everyone,

been level 50 for a while and was unable to run any HMs or Ops due to my less-than-stellar gear so i spent a lot of time running the PvE dailies on ilum and belsavis.

racked up plenty of daily comms, got decent mods for all my stuff from the Daily Vendor and GTN.

now i've been running HardModes with the guild and have gotten enough Tionese stuff to start getting some of that.

my question is: most of the tionese has Accuracy, most of the gear I have has Surge and Critical Rating.

I know Surge got a slight tweak recently, and I've gotten a few mexed missages regarding what stats I should favor. Tionese seems to be all about Accuracy. the Aim and Endurance differences are pretty small individually but i'm sure they'll add up nicely.

ok anyway, should I favor Accuracy over Surge/Crit Rate? And where does Power fit in with this gear?

Thanks!

The issue is Rail Shot isn't a Tech Attack, so you are sitting at lower accuracy with that skill then your others. It is helpful to get that to 98-100% to not hurt your DPS to much with a miss or so. (Deflects still happen but you need a lot of accuracy to push those off the table).

Otherwise, my opinion on the rest of the stats go now. (Which really formulas aside this is all subjective since you can't tell how the true DPS of something is without these combat logs or parsers yet. Simulations are only good for so much)

Surge to Diminishing Returns > Power > Crit.

In PvP I personally disregard any Accuracy enhancement. I like the opportunity for a bigger burst then a missed attack.