Merc Friends - What's your dope ?

Aliman

This isnt a game were we single heal people to full, so I was a pretty big fan of crit/surge originally but I find crit, even with a 44% chance to be rather unreliable, and with a nerf to surge rating, I am less enthusiastic about it. I have been experimenting with power/alacrity, and have lost about 10% crit and surge to do this, simply changing out enhancements on gear, and I like the changes. I still crit often, but what I crit for thanks to the power increase is closer to what it used to be before the nerf, plus I find there are less "Omg I cant heal fast enough!" moments now that I have hit 20% alacrity. Overall healing has increased as a result, I am happy.

This isnt a game were we single heal people to full, so I was a pretty big fan of crit/surge originally but I find crit, even with a 44% chance to be rather unreliable, and with a nerf to surge rating, I am less enthusiastic about it. I have been experimenting with power/alacrity, and have lost about 10% crit and surge to do this, simply changing out enhancements on gear, and I like the changes. I still crit often, but what I crit for thanks to the power increase is closer to what it used to be before the nerf, plus I find there are less "Omg I cant heal fast enough!" moments now that I have hit 20% alacrity. Overall healing has increased as a result, I am happy.

dont you have problems with heat then ?

dont you have problems with heat then ?

No, if you are not over healing you will not over heat fast, even with a high alacrity rating. i am doing the same as the person above and starting to swap some of my crit/surge over to power/alacrity. Right now on crits I am healing for just as much as I was before the surge change. My non-crit heals are hitting for more though.

I learned really quickly in HM FPs that as a BG Merc it is very easy to over heal and that you really have to balance your heals with Rapid Shots. There are two reasons for this. First, over healing seems to draw A LOT of aggro to you, and on top of Kolto Shell procs doing the same, you will pull a group on you pretty quick if you are not careful. The other reason is as you stated; heat. In the HMs that I have healed, I usually never go above 25-30% heat unless I am throwing out some dps as well. Once I get to 35-40%, I go strictly to Rapid Shots to let the heat dissipate.

Control the amount you are healing by not over healing and mix in rapid shots and heat will be a non-issue.

What are you stacking now days ???

I had an impression that we should stack on surge, but apperantly i heard that is not valid option anymore ...

so what's your game ? what do you stack on ?

crit to 30 to 35 percent (esp if you are arsenal)

then power

accuracy should be 110% as well