More variety in end game gear, please!

halfhourofpower

Sorry and your idea of diversity is not going to work for the simple fact that Orange Gear with mods will always be < PVP Gear.

Give us an appearance tab and allow a player to use any wearables of choice for appearance. Then we will have diversity.

You are bent..... in 1.2 we can remove the pvp armoring which has the expertise rating on it. This means your orange aspiring jedi knights chest can have the same stats as a battlemaster chest and still give the set bonus.

Reading comprehension on these forums leaves much to be desired.

You are bent..... in 1.2 we can remove the pvp armoring which has the expertise rating on it. This means your orange aspiring jedi knights chest can have the same stats as a battlemaster chest and still give the set bonus.

Reading comprehension on these forums leaves much to be desired.

Yeah I was reading his complaint like what??? Didn't someone JUST a page ago says they will be able to be EXACTLY equal.

Anyway, great news since I just hit 50 and love mixing and matching custom gear to look unique.

I'm seriously considering an update to my gunslinger's RP background. Now that he wears a cape and Julia-Roberts-Pretty-Woman-****** thigh-high boots, I'm thinking about roleplaying him as "Captain Classless" or "Prince Pimp" or "Super Sleazebag" or something more fitting the ridiculous outfit he's forced to wear now that's he's level 50.

You could always get inspiration from the ship captain in Stardust...

From patch 1.2, any orange (custom) appearance in the game will be viable for endgame purposes. Of course there'll be new outfits as well - so these changes together should lead to a very significant amount of variation in endgame, for all classes.

Could we please have the female pilot's armour who you talk to at the end of Kaon Under Seige inside the flashpoint please.

This armour really looks like it would be great for a smuggler. Sorry I don't have a picture of it to show anyone.

Edited by Kabushi

From patch 1.2, any orange (custom) appearance in the game will be viable for endgame purposes. Of course there'll be new outfits as well - so these changes together should lead to a very significant amount of variation in endgame, for all classes.

Great so players can expect a 500000 credit bill for transferring mods, just to wear a piece of gear they have earned/quested/raided for....

Think the Devs need to look at the cost associated with moving Mods/Enhancements/Armour between items.

Costs more to move a Mod than to re-spec my tree ???

Ultimately add an appearance tab that pretty much all MMO's benefit from, so players can look how they want, If they earned the gear they shouldn't be penalized for wanting to wear it.

High cost?

at elvel 50 27k is nothing. Do ONE space mission set or ONE flashpoint. OR complete your pvp daily.

What I mean is it'll add up to a healthy chunk of cash when extracting a full set of gear. Sure it's not the end of the world but it seems silly.

High cost?

at elvel 50 27k is nothing. Do ONE space mission set or ONE flashpoint. OR complete your pvp daily.

Yes. 27k is nothing. Spend an hour doing a flashpoint to remove *ONE* mod. Spend 1-5 hours on your PvP daily because winning while pugging is so easy. On the plus side, after 3 hours of PvP, you'll have enough to remove a *SECOND* mod, simply through pvping for that long!

It's so easy, even this guy could do it.

Not that I really care tbh, this change will not impact me because the orange gear options are mostly crap anyhow.

Edited by Celebrus

At the very least this should make optimization of upper tier less of an issue. Currently I have to trade off between Cunning (main stat) and set bonus. I have to get at least two sets and tear one apart or forgo stats or bonus.

I just noticed this

Smuggler is the ONLY class in the game whos pvp and pve gear are the exact same model with only difference being the coloring.

Bounty Hunters, Troopers, Jedi Knights, Consulars, Inquisitors, Sith Warriors, Imperial Agents all have 2 different looking endgame item sets.

Just go to the Fleet right now, ctrl+click the pvp and pve gear from Jedi Knights or any other class than smuggler, youll see what a joke it is.

are you serious about this whole i solve any issue with 1.2 patch

game is aleardy dying..

Yes. 27k is nothing. Spend an hour doing a flashpoint to remove *ONE* mod. Spend 1-5 hours on your PvP daily because winning while pugging is so easy. On the plus side, after 3 hours of PvP, you'll have enough to remove a *SECOND* mod, simply through pvping for that long!

It's so easy, even this guy could do it.

Not that I really care tbh, this change will not impact me because the orange gear options are mostly crap anyhow.

It's all unnecassary. Just go solo Maelstorm prison. On 50 lvl in Sawbones build it takes 30-40 min for me to clear it up. The profit per one run is ~ 65-75k. If you are in the dps build you will do it even quicker. So you can remove all modes in an hour or so.

Edited by Trollmarine

• 1 month later...
Bobonar: Will we be able to take the modifications out of our endgame pvp-sets and put them into a set that we like better (design-wise) and keep the bonuses?

Emmanuel Lusinchi: Yes, the set bonus will be carried by Armoring mods that work just like regular mods except that they only fit into specific types of items, such as chest items or boots items. So, for example, the set bonus from a chest piece can be moved to another chest piece, and the set bonus from a helmet can be moved to another helmet.

So what happened to this? Why wasn't it included with 1.2.

i just....just cant see that new gear on 1.2...look like a Robbyn Hood? omg i just cant velive anything saying...look look i just make a new armor...look dont see great?..im brillant im just make a capuleto and robun hood gears...ok this is a Star Wars deep onto the future u know....

then we will have a "Barbie dress up game" :confused:

one of the points of playing pve heroics-flashpoints etc is to get loot and not only because of their stats BUT their looks too!!

i love it when i go through a flashpoint from which i dont expect any new/stronger gear to drop BUT then i get a similar to my current gear item BUT whith different design (color etc)

:rolleyes:

one of the point of searching for armors in pve and also going to Global marketplace is to find better looking armors than your current one, even if they are the same-similar stats.

if we get "an appearance tab and allow a player to use any wearables of choice for appearance" then the whole point of armor searching either in PVE or Marketplace will be gone

Why? You still have to get the armor to begin with, either as you said, by farming the flashpoint or farming the GTN. It doesn't miraculously appear out of thin air onto your appearance tab. You have to POSSESS it first. So how, precisely, does allowing us to have one appearance in a tab, that we had to go and get somehow, just as you're saying, make it more of a Barbie dress up game than what you've described? I mean, going to farm flashpoints or the GTN to begin with simply for looks IS playing the Barbie dress up game if you already have gear with comparable stats. An appearance tab simply allows for greater flexibility in displaying the gear you've collected over all those endless hours, and reduces the frustration of having that perfect piece of gear you saved in your bank that's a low level blue or green or even purple that never, ever appears in an orange form anywhere but OH, how you wish it could be made or dropped. You've searched the forums, the database sites, everywhere, there seems to exist no orange equivalent. Maybe there will at some future point /shrug. But for now, you have this beautiful graphic you can't wear because you've outleveled it.

It's not a Barbie dress up game, it's just wanting greater customization options. They've chosen to support crafters in a certain way with the orange gear and crit crafted augment slots, and I respect that. Heck, my armormech is making bank at the moment on crit crafted. And yet, I'd still love an appearance tab. Particularly when they can't seem to get things like unify to chest slot working for all slots (head slot, I'm talking about you).