Dual Spec Marauder

DeathDeathDie

With Dual spec on the horizon it is pretty much a given that 1 of the 2 specs people choose will be Annihilation, but what about the other spec? If you play only PVE is going rage for the Smash AOE damage on trash pulls worth more then the Burst you need on some bosses like SOA?

Or do you go for some funky Hybrid and attempt to do both rather poorly?

With Dual spec on the horizon it is pretty much a given that 1 of the 2 specs people choose will be Annihilation, but what about the other spec? If you play only PVE is going rage for the Smash AOE damage on trash pulls worth more then the Burst you need on some bosses like SOA?

Or do you go for some funky Hybrid and attempt to do both rather poorly?

Carnage is my main spec for pve/ops, will most likely add annhilation for pvp.

I'm likely to pick up some whacky hybrid troll spec. It'll be absolutely terrible but fun to play. I do fine in PvP with my PvE spec and 0 expertise gear so I doubt I'll pick up a PvP spec. It's not really worth it for me to tryhard in WZs against PUGs. When rated WZs come out I'll have a competitive environment where I can actually face real challenging teams and at that point I'll probably start using PvP gear and specs.

I'm thinking maybe Annihilation w/Obliterate or truly stupid like a triple dipping Deadly Saber/Ataru Form/Obliterate spec.

Edited by Tumri

I'm likely to pick up some whacky hybrid troll spec. It'll be absolutely terrible but fun to play. I do fine in PvP with my PvE spec and 0 expertise gear so I doubt I'll pick up a PvP spec. It's not really worth it for me to tryhard in WZs against PUGs. When rated WZs come out I'll have a competitive environment where I can actually face real challenging teams and at that point I'll probably start using PvP gear and specs.

I'm thinking maybe Annihilation w/Obliterate or truly stupid like a triple dipping Deadly Saber/Ataru Form/Obliterate spec.

something goofy like this? http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100dcroZRGrbzdZrr0Rz.1

I think I'll just stick with pvp annihilate and pvp rage specs.

says who?

Aurozia: Will there be a dual specialization system in the future? Will there be a possibility of changing advance classes as well?

Daniel Erickson: We have no plans for switching advanced classes - which we see as fundamentally different class designs- but dual spec is in the works and coming soon.

source: http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-10th-2012

Will go with PvP annihilation and PvE annihilation.

Absolutely this.

However, what are the odds that Bioware remembers to include the UI remembering the separate layouts of each of your specs? I can imagine them offering dual specs, but you have to completely redo your UI layout each time you swap.

Kinda funny that only 1 spec is really viable.... I loved playing Carnage but after playing Annihilation, Carnage is found to be completely lacking.

Yeah, i just specced Anni for the first time , and I havent even got the hang of it yet and im already outperforming my old carnage-build in pve as well as pvp, only level 41 still tho... but its such a big difference that I can tell right away that Annihilitation owns the **** out of carnage... wich I personally think sucks.