Alternative to Mako?

IsACoolGuy

I am an Arsenal Merc (1000% PvE) and I use Mako almost all the time, because she is the only healing companion the bounty hunter can have. I sometimes use Torian Cadera, sometimes Blizz and sometimes Skadge.

Mako is the most effective companion for us Bounty Hunters.

I'm still leveling here at 42, but I like to switch it up. Mako is the easiest combo for me (tank spec) but Torian is faster, and I like to throw Blizz and Gault out sometimes just to spice it up and change the pace (and because Blizz is cute as heck) Edited by HooblaDan

i use mako up to 40.

at 40 i geared mako, gault and torian with pvp gear. my oh my i was surprised how much work i have to do if i use gault or torian. having said that, pvp grind and doing all pve quest made my quest green.

i feel gault need less heal than torian. maybe cunning dodge more attack and crit more often?

but i prefer torian coz gault give me headache running around positioning himself b4 attacking. torian just leaped to mob.

againts elite, i still use mako. i do not upgrade other 2 gear.

blizz and skadge kills too slow for my liking. i still have to nuke and heal them.

PVE pyro merc and I used Mako until I got Gault, then him almost exclusively until 50. I went back to Mako for anything that was too difficult but for straight leveling, another range dps for you to bounce aggro around with..... makes things easy. Torian would face plant too fast and I didnt see a use for a tank given I couldn't heal it through anything nasty anyway. And, if I looked at Blizz too long I'd get the urge to punt him, and Skadge was both too annoying and late to the party. Edited by Rantank

Been using Torian most of the time in PvE I've been running Arsenal, decent damage, highly mobile, can take a half-decent beating. Not too bad as an semi-tank/semi-DPS partner. Don't have Blizz yet so I can't compare, but he may be better from what I'm reading. The key is, you don't need healed or to be moblile if nothing's shooting at you.

As a DPS (Pyro or Ars) Merc, the safest choice is Mako. You blow crap up. When things get tough, make sure she is not being hit by AOEs targeted at you. However, if you gear Gault/Torian (esp Gault IME) together you will blow stuff up very fast.

As a healer, You'd use Gault/Torian mostly and Bliz for tough fights (make sure Bliz is in Guard mode or he is REALLY squishy).

As a Tank, I have no experience but I'd assume it would be like DPS