DPS or Power ?

dapixelassassin

Would a Combat / center tree specd Sentinel be better off with power instead of crit and crit rush

Help would be greatly appreciated. TWF (two weapon fighting) DPS is my favorite class to play. With things the way there are now...I'm extremely frustrated. I dont want It made easier to play, I just want the equal attention that was put into the Imp Dbl end lightsaber wielder anf electrostaff weilder.

I have posted some complaints about my lvl 50 Sentinel (combat/ center tree spec'd) and here are the following.

1. I am not a kid...

2. I have gotten to lvl 50 soloing approximately 90% without being carried or power leveled. So for you to say that I don't know how to play or that I don't Know what I'm doing is a big steaming pile of BS.

3. We don't get any personal healing and don't get a healing companion until approximately lvl32 or so (I don't remember exact lvl) when everyone else gets theirs much earlier...this needs to be changed. Our second companion does not need to be another DAMN DPS and before you correct me with C2-N2 remember he is not really a companion but just a ship butler.Not having either 1 of these (self healing and healing companion early on) early in beginning is total BS...

4. I have discovered that gear is extremely important in this game...probably more so than any other game i have played...Speaking of which, where the hell is our class specific special armor "Stormgaurd Armor". I think were the only class that doesn't get any? WTH

5. I have gotten to lvl 50 (90% solo) and have had to get a guildie here and there to help me take out a frigging Elite here and there so i could continue and especially a few end boss elites that I never could have killed on my own. I have never been able to kill a damn Sith harrower on my own (at any lvl)

6. You are going to say that Rush nerfing isn't really noticeable...WRONG. On my Belsavis dalies, I used to be able to kill the Street Shark Elite right before you got to the pyramid thing to go int the prison ...now I cant kill him at all. So yea...there is a difference.

Edited by dapixelassassin

Some people around might disagree, but it's my opinion that Power>Surge>Crit is the priority for all Sentinel classes, even Combat.

Just to start off, the consensus is the Combat is weaker than Watchman. I would argue that it may be the weakest of the three specs.

As to your Doc point in No. 3 - If you're level 50, why is that an issue now? If you were able to solo 90 percent of the way to 50, it doesn't sound like you had that big of a problem. Sure, you get Doc a little later than other classes, but, in my opinion, getting him any earlier would make most of the quest line way too easy. I didn't have enough trouble from post-Coruscant to Balmorra to need him any earlier than that.

Some people around might disagree, but it's my opinion that Power>Surge>Crit is the priority for all Sentinel classes, even Combat.

Just to start off, the consensus is the Combat is weaker than Watchman. I would argue that it may be the weakest of the three specs.

As to your Doc point in No. 3 - If you're level 50, why is that an issue now? If you were able to solo 90 percent of the way to 50, it doesn't sound like you had that big of a problem. Sure, you get Doc a little later than other classes, but, in my opinion, getting him any earlier would make most of the quest line way too easy. I didn't have enough trouble from post-Coruscant to Balmorra to need him any earlier than that.

I did get to lvl 50 but the deaths and astronomical repair bills were insane.

I'm just glad they dont have a number of deaths counter in this game...I would be absolutely ambarrased Lol.

Because of no personal healing (Prefferable) or earlier healier, stuttering attacks /animations, the pisspoor job done on those animations when compaired to all other dual wielders I will never put up with another Jedi Knight or marrauder type charachter...until fixed.

Just trying to find a way to make the tombstone with lightsabers that I have now better Lol.

Thanks for your suggestion...probably try it out and see what happens

1. I am not a kid...

Somehow, I want to doubt this, but continuing.

2. I have gotten to lvl 50 soloing approximately 90% without being carried or power leveled. So for you to say that I don't know how to play or that I don't Know what I'm doing is a big steaming pile of BS.

True or false: Everyone who drives on the highway knows how to drive well enough where they are not a danger to others or themselves. Same logic. Just because you did something, doesn't mean you were good at it.

3. We don't get any personal healing and don't get a healing companion until approximately lvl32 or so (I don't remember exact lvl) when everyone else gets theirs much earlier...this needs to be changed. Our second companion does not need to be another DAMN DPS and before you correct me with C2-N2 remember he is not really a companion but just a ship butler.Not having either 1 of these (self healing and healing companion early on) early in beginning is total BS...

Bolded is False. Inquisitors and Smugglers both get their healers on Hoth (so outright after us), and Agents get theirs on Taris (which they go to the same time we go to Balmorra). However, the other 4 classes do get theirs before us. Good try though. Also, spend a bit of money on him and C2-N2 is a perfectly viable healer early on.

4. I have discovered that gear is extremely important in this game...probably more so than any other game i have played...Speaking of which, where the hell is our class specific special armor "Stormgaurd Armor". I think were the only class that doesn't get any? WTH

We actually have 2, both the Dark Jedi Robes and the Warrior Captain sets are exclusive to Knights and are medium armor. I suppose Guardians could use them, but no item is AC-locked beyond Knight-Heavy.

5. I have gotten to lvl 50 (90% solo) and have had to get a guildie here and there to help me take out a frigging Elite here and there so i could continue and especially a few end boss elites that I never could have killed on my own. I have never been able to kill a damn Sith harrower on my own (at any lvl)

Harrowers are tough. They're designed to be- the story says something along the lines of them being manifestations of the Emperor's will. However, they are soloable.

6. You are going to say that Rush nerfing isn't really noticeable...WRONG. On my Belsavis dalies, I used to be able to kill the Street Shark Elite right before you got to the pyramid thing to go int the prison ...now I cant kill him at all. So yea...there is a difference.

Rush = surge? If so, it's not really noticeable.

Now, to your original questionmark-less question, BALANCE. Don't overly sacrifice any one rating for another, as combat, you can't even sacrifice accuracy. For combat, get your crit to 25%, crit multiplier to 70%, accuracy to ~96% (108%/85%), and then get as much power as you can. Also don't be afraid to get a little defense in there, 56 defense is 2%, so a little does a lot, though I would never suggest going beyond 50 rating from gear.

This bit here^^^^^, is made untrue by theses bits here: vvvv

The harrowers were hard but I and many others managed them fine. Most elites are kind of easy unless there's more than one.... I levelled 100% solo and never got stuck on anything longer than a wipe or two. Three absolute max. I am no where near a great player either.

Seriously dude, maybe you should try a commando or something...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.