Nearly 2 months in and not a single 'Event'

WutsInAName

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only problem with that is that you end up forcing people to spend an incredibly long time traveling from one are to another to do something. Unless they add summoning stones/teleporters.

That won't really help the world, just piss people off.

I agree on that :) If they can somehow be creative with the transportation between worlds, it can solve a great deal of problems.

Apparently from some older thread that I read, the running back and forth in space stations, shuttle corridor etc added to the RP value. :rolleyes:

Are you a fool? Cant change that? Really get a grip on reality dude. It can certainly be changed its called giving people a reason to NOT stand on fleet.

I feed on your rage.

This is accomplished by several ways.

1) LFG Tool so people dont have to go to fleet if they want a FP

Had that in WoW. Want to know where you could find the most people? Org. Not sure about other games, but I see no reason why it would be different here.

2) Allow to queue for pvp from anywhere - you already can however ...

Defeated you're on point.

3) Get RID of mission drop boxes especially for daily/weekly FP/WZ turn in as this is the ONLY reason you see 50 people crowded around pvp quest terminal so that can accept queue and hand in without moving as that would take longer.

And do what with those quests, exactly?

4) Allow fast/quick travel from planet to planet wihout the whole boardship run through orbital station crap.

Wow, we actually can agree on something.

How hard is that?!!?

Not a programmer, nor do I know BioWare Austin's itinerary. And I'm willing to bet you don't either.

But, basically, all you've listed are ways to force 50's to stand...somewhere else. Which might be away from the GTN (which I see more people standing around then any of the terminals), or that ring around the Catina, which comes in a close second.

People are going to stay on the fleet because it's everything they need is right there. Now, I'm sure you'd like to say something about dailies. Too bad, they're already there, and people still stand around the fleet.

Spread across more then a dozen planets (some very large in playable size) across the galaxy, across two factions, on their ships, in missions, in flashpoints, etc. etc. :rolleyes:

I know it's sad that they aren't all following you around in your backyard 7/24 waiting on your every breath, but they have their own objectives to pursue in the game. :D

People just think their server is empty because the entire faction population isn't parked in stormwind/orgrimmar trolling trade and waiting for their LFD queue to pop.

I agree on that :) If they can somehow be creative with the transportation between worlds, it can solve a great deal of problems.

Apparently from some older thread that I read, the running back and forth in space stations, shuttle corridor etc added to the RP value. :rolleyes:

RP value my ***. I'm willing to bet more people want a way around it, then want it to stay.

Fixed.

An MMO THIS IS NOT!!! Man would I love to hear what Richard Garriot would say, since you know he coined the term and all.

This is a single player storyline game with a co-op mode. Nothing MORE.

After he's done discussing terminology with BW he can teach them how to tank an MMO (not that BW seems to need the help)! :p

It did, the very first time and thats it.

Kinda like all the conversations especially FP's, people now yell if you're not hitting the spacebar fast enough. Which of course I said would happen 2 years ago but no one wanted to believe.

50 groups are real unforgiving too, you can bet if your not spacing fast enough you will hear it and if you actually want to listen to convos they will NEVER group with you again.

It did, the very first time and thats it.

Kinda like all the conversations especially FP's, people now yell if you're not hitting the spacebar fast enough. Which of course I said would happen 2 years ago but no one wanted to believe.

50 groups are real unforgiving too, you can bet if your not spacing fast enough you will hear it and if you actually want to listen to convos they will NEVER group with you again.

Unless you're in a guild, and happen to be the guild leader. Then they pretty much shut up.

After he's done discussing terminology with BW he can teach them how to tank an MMO (not that BW seems to need the help)! :p

Are you seriously trying to dis the guy that created Ultima pretty much single handily, because one of his project was not as good.

Without this guy the world would have never had an RPG games, or at least not be what they are. so I hope you feel pretty silly.

Besides how can you dis Lord British

They are also given a good spot on my ignore list. The people who are enjoying the game and imo pleasant to group with are added to my friends list. Then I would also know whom I can group with.

Are you seriously trying to dis the guy that created Ultima pretty much single handily, because one of his project was not as good.

Without this guy the world would have never had an RPG games, or at least not be what they are. so I hope you feel pretty silly.

Because in a free market, you are only as good as your last performance. His last performance sucked the vaccuum out of space and showed that he just does not have what it takes anymore.

Also, you don't see him putting his own money behind his MMO ventures now do you? Nope, he's off flying in space IRL.

Edited by Andryah

They are also given a good spot on my ignore list. The people who are enjoying the game and imo pleasant to group with are added to my friends list. Then I would also know whom I can group with.

Problem is 'They' out number you by a vast majority pretty much to the point you would get no groups. And yes I am talking guilds or Pug.

Your guildmates DO NOT want to listen to ANY FP, I can gaurentee this 100%. Having experienced it in a a few diff guilds already.

Trust me, I consider myself a fast player to the point I get annoyed when not tanking b/c 'tank is pulling to slow' and I still feel like I am pressured to go 'faster' in some of these groups.

What? What is this? Doesn't even make sense

Edited by Logisitcs

Because in a free market, you are only as good as your last performance. His last performance sucked the vaccuum out of space and showed that he just does not have what it takes anymore.

Also, you don't see him putting his own money behind his MMO ventures now do you? Nope, he's off flying in space IRL.

So Garriots last performance was as a private astronaut as your obviously aware that seems pretty successful so far.

Besides, the dude has been to space and back. If you can't respect that on a star wars forums..... then a big giant /FACEPALM to you.

And I should care why? These people in a rush aren't the sort I wan't to associate with anyway. In other words, if they don't want me to enjoy the game, then THEY don't get to group with me.

I'm almost tempted to make a healer just for that purpose, lol. You want a healz? You let me enjoy my convos.

And I should care why? These people in a rush aren't the sort I wan't to associate with anyway. In other words, if they don't want me to enjoy the game, then THEY don't get to group with me.

I'm almost tempted to make a healer just for that purpose, lol. You want a healz? You let me enjoy my convos.

You should care because it is you who will have no groups and gear not them.

If you were my healer and wanted to listen to convo's I would boot ya and find another. Sorry I dont pay $15 a month for your to listen to convos. YOu like em so much record em and listen on your own time. Heals seem actually easy here it finding competent DPS that is the issue.

Problem is 'They' out number you by a vast majority pretty much to the point you would get no groups. And yes I am talking guilds or Pug.

Your guildmates DO NOT want to listen to ANY FP, I can gaurentee this 100%. Having experienced it in a a few diff guilds already.

Trust me, I consider myself a fast player to the point I get annoyed when not tanking b/c 'tank is pulling to slow' and I still feel like I am pressured to go 'faster' in some of these groups.

In this area I can only talk of my personal experience since I'm playing with some long term guild mates from the "other game" and we have pretty much only scheduled one night per week that consists of 1 ½ - 2 hours of group play.

I only need about 15 other players on regular basis to make my game play pleasant. The majority have little impact in this level.

to the op

its no ones fault but your own that you blew through all the games content in record time. This game couldnt possibly have enough content to keep the hardcore gamers like you satiated because development costs would be prohibative. So they try and split the difference and give you hard cores a few gear grinds to keep you busy between major content patches.

As for the rest of us, the majority of us, this games got so damn much content that we'll never be able to see it all before the next major content patch. We will always be in sub max gear and thats cool because we like to play to play.

Thats just the way it is, love it, hate it, deal with it. And fyi no game is ever going to satisfy the hard cores who have nothing to do but sit at the computer for 15+ hours a day.

That is because you are under the age of 30.

Anyone over 30 knows that Ultima defined RPG games and what they would becomes.

Ultima came out 1997

SS released FF7 in 1997 also, which game made a bigger impact and spun countless spin-offs

Yeah shutup, that statements dumb, he may have defined mmo's but to say rpg's in general is ridiculous, other companies boast that claim

to the op

its no ones fault but your own that you blew through all the games content in record time. This game couldnt possibly have enough content to keep the hardcore gamers like you satiated because development costs would be prohibative. So they try and split the difference and give you hard cores a few gear grinds to keep you busy between major content patches.

As for the rest of us, the majority of us, this games got so damn much content that we'll never be able to see it all before the next major content patch. We will always be in sub max gear and thats cool because we like to play to play.

Thats just the way it is, love it, hate it, deal with it. And fyi no game is ever going to satisfy the hard cores who have nothing to do but sit at the computer for 15+ hours a day.

LOL FAIL!

I just hit 50 like this weekend, late in the game according to others. I leveled 2 tanks BH and Inq to 40 before deciding to stick with Inq as it is the stronger tank (much better tanking/avoidance stats/talents).

To this poster: Open mouth remove foot!