The Galactic Tribune?

MaverickJ

I posted this at another forum and there was a solid response. So let's see if it gains traction here. Original Post

The idea is to have a sort of "Newspaper" in game available for players. The content of that paper would be server specific and include things such as the name of a guild to first clear content or the name of players who complete achievements first.

Expanding on the idea - Say there is a space mission which is timed. A person sets a record by completing it in 2:00 it would appear in the Galactic Tribune under accomplishments. Or maybe someone gets to Elite War Master in PvP.

The whole idea behind this is to give a medium that updates the individual communities on their server's progress. It would also give some recognizable names on the server and create a sort of 'celebrity' attached with being in the paper.

There are some similar concepts floating around, but I think the idea of an 'in game' implementation allows for greater immersion into the community and game.

I actually love this idea. I would totally spend credits weekly or daily or whatever to find out what's new and happening in guilds/players/pvp/etc. on my server. I really feel like it would create a sense of community in some aspects!

Great idea but why not just let people connect to the "holonet". Allow them to read game news, patch notes, local server events, post guild recruitment ads (that cost credits), check their messages/mail, and dare i say it, post player bounties... all in one system?

I like the idea of a serverwide 'holonet' where you can do what you need to do. I also think the regular newspaper updates would be a nice addition as well to really allow for some deep immersion within the community.

Here's to hoping that they implement something soon!