Darth name (Possible Spoiler)

sithgreyguard

As far as I understand it (haven't lvled a Sith to 50 yet so I could be wrong), the Darth name is a purely gameplay mechanic. NPCs may use it to refer to/address your toon, and you will get a Darth title but the game does not make you actually change your character name. Your character is still your character, they just ALSO have a Darth name.

Anakin Skywalker didn't magically stop being Anakin Skywalker, he just ALSO became Darth Vader, which was also the name he preferred to go by. However, Emperor Palpatine did not go by his Darth name, he was always Palpatine.

Hey,

Someone told me that once you get your Darth title for a sith warrior you can change your name. So example Anakin Skywalker to Darth Vader. I really like the first named i picked and dont want to lose it. Is there any truth to what i was told? , or no. Crossing fingers for no.

You get the Darth title as a SW and SI,however you do not get to change your name.

The SI gets one of 3 Darth names depending on your alignment but this is reflected only in cutscenes and not in actual gameplay and the SW is called...something else in cutscenes instead of Darth or a Darth name. No spoilers for you,get to 50 and see.

Edited by Temeluchus

Perhaps they were confused by the Legacy system and the surname it provides?
Even that doesn't "change" your character's name. SW Joebob will still be Joebob whether he adds a title (Darth Joebob) or legacy name (Joebob Baker) or both (Darth Joebob Baker). Edited by Adric_the_Red

Even that doesn't "change" your character's name. SW Joebob will still be Joebob whether he adds a title (Darth Joebob) or legacy name (Joebob Baker) or both (Darth Joebob Baker).

I know, i was just guessing at that being where someone got confused about the whole thing and then misled the OP.