Hybrid watchmen/focus gimmick build.

Therealkoop

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bIbRMRrZZGr0rkr.1

Anyone ever try this or a variation of it? It actually seems like it might be somewhat solid. No merciless but you get some good slash buffs, losing the burst but with half the focus costs your sustained dps would still be pretty good.

Mainly I was just going to run around at 80% speed and laugh.

Yeah I have, except I took singularity instead of focused persuit.

Wasn't terrible, but was kind of lacklustre.

You know the best thing is to try it out. The cost to respec resets every week. I often use the opportunity to try something new.

The main problems I see are:

1) You'll obviously be using Transcendence as opposed to Zen (since you've talented two different things for it). But since you've avoided the Shii-cho talents, that makes me believe you're also using Juyo. That seems contradictory. One of the main benefits of Watchman is getting self-heals with Zen, which you seem to be ignoring.

The way I see it, if you're going to use Juyo, use Zen. If you're going to use Transcendence, you're better with Shii-cho, especially if you're pumping up Slash so much. Free two-target slashes for the duration? Why would you want to pass that up?

2) You pass up dual-wield mastery, therefore decreasing your offhand damage by 36 percent. For a 200 damage saber (you'll have more by 50), that's a loss of 72 damage per strike. That adds up to a lot over the course of a fight.

3) You're trading Merciless for Zealous Leap. Since you're already talenting the Force Leap skills in Watchman, do you really need another leap that's less powerful than Merciless? It sets up the Force Sweep crits, but otherwise the damage is underwhelming in comparison.

4) You add Force Sweep crits which are nice but at the cost of increasing burn damage and focus-building burns in Watchman as well as taking it over Merciless. I don't know that's a trade that I would like to make.

Hybrid builds for Sentinels just have some flaws. It's a class that's best taken to 31 and then filled out, no matter what spec you're using.

This is my favorite "gimmick" spec as a Sentinel: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501dcroMZhRrbzZGd0rd.1

Basically it is a Vicious Slash build and you spam it over and over and over and over... :D

Also, if you prefer, you can move some points from Combat into Focus and get more mobility (refund 10 Centering on Transcendence) or on-demand damage (100% Sweep crit or Sweep damage boost)

Edited by Kryptorchid