The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Heat Issues

Cary

I am a PT tank (re-rolled from a 50 guardian) and I am always going to 100 heat rather quickly, I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. So can anyone give me tips on heat management?

depends on spec i guess

AP has no heat issues

ST only vents heat when being hit and shielding attacks

Pyro has very bad heat management that you need to get used to

depends on spec i guess

AP has no heat issues

ST only vents heat when being hit and shielding attacks

Pyro has very bad heat management that you need to get used to

No, it doesn't depend on spec.

Rapid shot will solve his problems. "i get to 100 heat quick" means "I didn't rapid shot at all to keep my heat below 40, now I'm at 100 heat, and now the only thing I can do is rapid shot"

Heat dissipates much faster at 0-39 than it does 80-100. Once you go over 39 heat you gimp your overall DPS

Some one else can post the heat chart if they want.

Edited by Eroex

No, it doesn't depend on spec.

Rapid shot will solve his problems. "i get to 100 heat quick" means "I didn't rapid shot at all to keep my heat below 40, now I'm at 100 heat, and now the only thing I can do is rapid shot"

Heat dissipates much faster at 0-39 than it does 80-100. Once you go over 39 heat you gimp your overall DPS

Some one else can post the heat chart if they want.

There is no need, you cleared it up. He/she needs to throw rapid shots into the rotation.

Rocket Punch > Rail Shot > Flame Burst > Heat Blast > Flame Thrower your heat should be well below 40. After that initial rotation throw in rapid shots as needed to stay below 40.

Edited by midnitemonster

Never go over 50 heat unless you absolutely have to. If you go over 40 heat, that's when you want to use heat blast to get you back into the 5/sec regen range.

Dont be afraid to use your no-cost, basic ranged pistol attack (rapid shots) - everyone seems to think it's just a useless no-damage attack to be used as a filler, but it actually puts out quite a bit, I'm getting around 60-75% as much damage out of each rapid shots as I do out of a standard unload channel (standard meaning at least one interrupt to the cast because of enemies hitting me).

Dont forget about heat sensor overrides, and always use it before big-heat abilities like flamethrower or death from above.

Only vent heat in emergencies.