The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Gear

Taythan

It may get better I'm only at level 22, but my gear which initially looked like what you would imagine a troopers gear to look like has taken on a shift toward the jedi and my equipment is all hoods and capes and crap and I hate it ... I mean if I were a Jedi it would be great but I want my stormtrooper armor. I hope it gets better.

It may get better I'm only at level 22, but my gear which initially looked like what you would imagine a troopers gear to look like has taken on a shift toward the jedi and my equipment is all hoods and capes and crap and I hate it ... I mean if I were a Jedi it would be great but I want my stormtrooper armor. I hope it gets better.

I'm sorta surprised. It sounds like you've snagged some Jedi-style heavy armor (which we can use, if you strip the old modifications out). I've got Elara in some of that stuff now.

Most Troopers have the "rainbow warrior" effect at that point. White armor with Skittles for detailing.

Ya, I went through that too. It gets better, eventually the leggings/greaves you get make you look like you're wearing tights with some small thigh pads.

What i started doing was really hitting PVP hard then using the credits to buy armor on the GTN. May be a bit pricey sometimes, but was far superior to stuff I was finding and looked a lot better too. If you have friends who are crafters see if they'll make you some armor.

I'm 37 and still got the rainbow skittles thing going till I can hit 40 and get the Centurion PVP gear. At least it looks like I'm wearing armor now and not looking for a gig in a ballet.

At one time I had that "men-in-tights" look going as well. I found it hilarious to say the least. Made me feel kinda like making a song "Dancing in the Rain of Blaster Bolts!"

All jest aside, it gets WAY better the more levels you get. You may have the rainbow-soldier look at some point, but you won't have that forever, especially in higher levels. You can get set's that are just pure awesome. Like stated above, the Centurion PvP armor looks great.