Switch to Republic since it's the underdog?

Qonor

Republic is fun. I don't know why people hate on it's story so much. The only thing is, Empire story is twisted, and that can be very entertaining to people. But That doesn't mean non-twisted stories can no longer be fun. Oh well. To each their own.

But yeah in PvP you'll often notice they are outnumbered. I don't run into it too much though so either my server isn't so bad or people are hopping around between factions more than they did at the start.

Edited by Brickabrack

The big difference I notice is the quality of PvP groups I get in warzones. On my Imp character it would take me several round to get my 1 win or a few hours to get my 3 wins. On my Pub it takes only a round or two for me pre-50 PvP daily win. The chat in the Pub Warzones is more active and they just seem better.

My husband and I have two high 40s characters on empire and rolled republic as alts.

Our server isn't bad with imbalance but the difference between the sides in terms of economy is huge. We have had tons of luck in the GTN and the PvP at around 30 has been decent.

it's been a better experience so far. The zones aren't too crowded but have players. And questing hasn't been too much fighting over mobs.

Can't do it. In all the games I've ever played, I've never seen a faction so uninteresting as the Republic is in this game.

I don't think you have actually tried to play republic, you saw lightning and was sold...go play a trooper and tell me you're uninterested.

I don't think you have actually tried to play republic, you saw lightning and was sold...go play a trooper and tell me you're uninterested.

No lighting here, and yeah, I tried a trooper and was totally uninterested.

But for argument's sake, lets say the trooper was the greatest thing since sliced bread. There's one. How about the rest? One class does not a faction make. Look around. It isn't coincidence that the factions are imbalanced over all. BW just didn't do a great job of making the supposed good guys look like any fun to play.

The Scoundrel is full of snark, the story is fairly interesting and I like the responses. Likewise, the Trooper has some interesting decisions to make during the course of the game.

I particularly liked the, "How about you tell me where the explosives are or I blow off your fingers with my rifle?" response on Ord Mantell.

Incidentally, Ord Mantell is a bag of phalluses.

No lighting here, and yeah, I tried a trooper and was totally uninterested.

But for argument's sake, lets say the trooper was the greatest thing since sliced bread. There's one. How about the rest? One class does not a faction make. Look around. It isn't coincidence that the factions are imbalanced over all. BW just didn't do a great job of making the supposed good guys look like any fun to play.

No real argument there. Each Republic class starts fairly slowly compared to an Empire counterpart. The overall story for each is just as good though overall though, imho.

Even the consular's story, which really is probably the most stale and stagnant story in the game to begin with actually gets pretty good by the time you reach your 30's. The problem is that it takes that long, and by then most people are typically turned off to the story as soon as they leave coruscant.

Compared to it's mirror class on the Empire, the inquisitor story has already had enough twists and turns to confuse a lab rat, so of course people will be attracted to that.

Maybe my point is, the story for Republic is worth investing in, you just need a different mind set sometimes.