Harmode "Energized XXXX" Schematics: why BoP?

Fdzzaigl

I don't understand why the schematics for non-set tionese level gear that drop in hardmode flashpoints all result in BoP purple items (aka: not tradeable).

I'm an armormech trooper and over the past few days I received a large number of schematics for purple smuggler gear, yet the items I can make are completely pointless, because they'll bind to me on the spot.

Honestly, why?

These items require quite a bit of dedication to craft: you need materials from hardmodes, some of them quite rare (the purple exotic crafting material), and would thus need to spend a lot of time toward producing them.

Secondly, these are actually items that people would buy, which can not be said for many of the recipes you get from reverse engineering, those don't even match up to the centurion PvP gear (which you can get very easily).

If you want to create some sort of economy, you need to give some freedom to crafters.

Bioware went pretty hardcore on the binding. It seems anything worthwhile is BOP. Which means I took armormech to make my rakata belt/bracers, dropped it for biochem. I might have stayed armormech if I could sell those pieces or give them to my friends.

I remember when I played Asheron's Call, there were maybe only a handful of items that were "bound" and none of them were all that great. Meaning you could drop the items on death, but at least your buddy could just make another one for you.

People are too bound to their gear... literally